KBM Resourcing Ltd
Our client is a key player in their field with a huge history of delivering cutting edge and innovative machinery to the Oil & Gas and other industries. The client is currently looking for a Design Engineer to join their team to help undertake their design and draughting projects on a global basis. The Design Engineer will manage projects from cradle to grave or collaborate on projects with colleagues, delegate tasks and check for quality and consistency. The Design Engineer will also have meetings with clients, listen to project specifications and suggest approaches which translate into suitable design solutions.
- Use interpersonal skills to work co–operatively with colleagues, peers, internal and external partners, working pro–actively across organizational boundaries, sharing information, new knowledge, innovation, and growth ideas
- Analyses and challenges the use of resources against business objectives
- Incorporate existing operational management systems from within the group whilst utilizing own experience and skills to develop systems according to local marketplace requirement.
- In relation to specific future issues, the Design Engineer should demonstrate ability to act quickly and decisively to prevent actions which may mean a significant decrease in output
- Scans the marketplace to identify future changes that may impact on own area and acts creatively to benefit from them
- Thinks broadly about better aligning action to benefit the customer expectation.
- Ensuring team members follow current business policies and procedures: Design Services, Service, Business Development, HSQE, HR, IT and Finance.
Skills & Competencies:
- A detailed understanding and current and relevant experience of the offshore crane industry
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Upstream Industry, ideally in position affiliated with crane maintenance and mechanical handling
- Practical skills and knowledge of past and modern crane industry processes and practices
- The Design Engineer needs to understand how department fits in the bigger picture and how own area of business relates to others, i.e. major suppliers, customers. They should also demonstrate an appreciation of main external influences
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.