Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
To work as part of a design team in seeing conceptual designs developed from ideas through drawing, justification to codes and standards, manufacturing, testing and support of field technicians. This role will be focused primarily on supporting Qatar scopes with flexibility to go to Qatar region as and when required by business for design support. Candidate should be willing to move to Qatar for a long stay if required in future.
- Taking technical direction and guidance from the Engineering Manager, TA, Lead Design Engineers & Project Technical Leads
- Working under the guidance of the Lead Design Engineers, assuming technical disciplinary responsibility for design related tasks and activities
Ownership and Accountability
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose of drafting work undertaken
- Ownership and responsibility for drawing completeness and demonstration of fitness for purpose of all drafting tasks undertaken
- Checking of drawings produced within the department and making sure drafting and company standards are met.
- Responsible for managing and delivering company and departmental objectives.
- Present technical proposals & designs at concept and detailed design reviews relating to but not limited to drafting.
- Familiarization and efficient use of design tools (Autocad, Inventor, etc)
- Provide design support to other company functions as required
- Provide design support and guidance for the manufacturing, assembly & test
- Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered status with IMechE or similar would be an advantage
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Competence in AutoCAD, Inventor
- Competence in Ansys or other FEA packages
- Competence in MathCAD
- Experience in a design engineering environment
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas pipework design, installation and operation
- IT skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX system would be an advantage
- Awareness and appreciation of market trends and emerging technologies relevant to the company’s services, project or product developments
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, team player, but be able to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload/manage workload
- Having the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Established and strong interpersonal skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.