Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
To generate detailed mechanical designs to support the company’s product portfolio and operational/business needs. Designs are to be verified with regards to integrity and function against relevant company and international standards.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Interpret client needs and develop designs from conceptual stage though to the finished product with a focus on design for manufacture.
- Design heavy lifting appliances, accessories and associated machinery to industry standards for use in the offshore and marine industries
- Analyse and optimise designs by hand calculation and FEA
- Conduct / assist in FEED studies
- Create Engineering calculations packages to validate designs
- Generate, check and revise Engineering documentation as required
- Managing technical elements efficiently and effectively to ensure best and timely solution is provided
HSEQ Expected Behaviours:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Report any Health, Safety, Environmental or Quality issues using the HSEQ Reporting System via your Line Manager and/or HSEQ Department
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or HND
- A good understanding of engineering principles
- Experience in the design of fabricated structures/ lifting equipment / deck machinery / HPUs or similar industrial equipment
- Experience designing to DNV-ST-0378, E271, E273 or similar standards
- Knowledge of rotating equipment design
- Experience with prime movers, drives and hydraulic power systems
- Competent in creating mechanical design calculation packages and familiarity with mechanical stress calculations
- Experience using MathCAD
- Experience selecting machine components – bearings, shafts, gears, etc.
- Experience writing technical specifications, FAT’s, OMM’s, etc
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor or similar CAD software
- Experience using FEA (Autodesk Nastran or similar)
- Experience with offshore structure or grillage design
- Relevant Offshore experience
- Current Offshore survival BOSIET \ Medical \ MIST
- Chartered Status
- Experience using STAAD Pro
- Experience with Autodesk Navisworks
- Knowledge of International Winch and Deck Machinery markets, products and associated drive and power systems (including applications)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.