Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
The Design Engineering Team Leader will be working alongside other Team Leaders to design and develop products within specific market segments. Leading a team of Design Engineers across sites ensuring fair distribution of workload. To work with other key personnel across sites in developing new projects and leads within a timely manner. To assist in the completion of test and development work on the performance and capability of existing and new products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage team of design engineers to ensure all activities are completed as required, according to company policies; this includes absence management, development, and annual reviews
- Ensure all management reporting is completed in a timely fashion and any actions taken as necessary
- Create and present reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Develop close working relationships with all internal teams to ensure excellent communication flow and to enable effective and timely fulfillment of customer orders and enquiries
- Ensure reports are detailed, demonstrating test results, root causes for non-compliance and suggested remedies following investigations. Proper recording, storing and sharing of this information is essential.
- Develop a pro-active approach within the team, to encourage involvement across the sites when working with new and existing projects; actively celebrating success along the way.
- Working within the ABS system of working
- To provide accurate and reliable drawings to minimize production costs and scrap costs.
- To provide accurate and reliable test reports to permit the design and economical manufacture of products
- To identify and select appropriate materials, processes and manufacturing tolerances must be made which will allow attainment of performance criteria within due regard to commercial realism and quality requirements.
- Work with internal teams to ensure timely delivery of new projects and samples required
- A degree/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Numeracy and literacy skills beyond basic level, – ability to carry out calculations to ensure the product specification is met both theoretically and analytically etc.
- Engaging and Pro-active approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills within all levels of business (both internally and externally)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to understand and comply with the Engineering Department working procedures and practices, including the ability to see new ways of moving forward
- Extensive experience within manufacturing
- Confidential user of Solid Works (or similar CAD software)
- Familiar with ISO 9001
- Ability to work to BS308 ‘Engineering Drawing Practice’ for production of drawings is essential as is the ability to effectively utilize company CAD and microcomputer facilities
- Has the ability to understand unique customer proposals and working drawings which consider production requirements
- Line management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Experience of working with an MRP system
- Experience of working with lean management systems
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
This role requires regular working within a production environment that could include working at height, bending, lifting or working with noise levels that require PPE. PPE will be provided as appropriate for the role and all regulations must be adhered to when required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.