Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
The Engineering Manager role will be integrated into the Engineering department with the responsibility for the day to day running of the Engineering department.
- Quoting directly to customers or liaising with other departments on broader scopes of work.
- Being involved in the compilation of engineering quotations and the way in which an engineering job will be carried out.
- Being open to the suggestions given by colleagues on how to refine, improve or simplify a particular job.
- Monitoring of engineering hours consumed on jobs and the relationship with the quotation, then taking appropriate steps if an over run is inevitable.
- Delegation of work to appropriate personnel. Always planning ahead to make sure manning levels are appropriate within the engineering department.
- Ensuring that engineers take the best line of action in an engineering analysis.
- Conveying and maintaining the reputation of the company through all form of contact with third parties through engineering activities.
- Adhere to the company’s Quality Management System.
- Assisting engineers if required ensuring they are keeping to their directed tasks, including ensuring timely delivery of manufacturing drawings to the workshop and clients and managing weekly timesheets.
- To perform your own engineering works in between managerial tasks.
- Ensure you work safely and you are not endangering yourself, those around you or the environment.
Integrated within the Engineering team and follow the existing procedures and processes of the Engineering department.
- Master’s Degree Qualified/Chartered Status
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis Software
- Ability to perform engineering hand calculations
- Experience in Oil/Engineering Industry Management
- Experience in Mechanical/Structural Engineering
- Excellent management and people skills
- A meticulous approach to engineering and attention to detail
- Developed numeracy and computer literacy skills
- The ability to think outside the box, be inventive and also to acknowledge if a plan or idea is not going to work
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.