Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
An exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join a Main Fit Out and Refurbishment Contractor has recently become available in Edinburgh. This is an opportunity to join a contractor who take an incredible amount of pride in their area of work on projects that span from offices, retail units, residential projects, universities, restaurants, hotels and more. In the role of Estimator you will be required to evaluate tenders, price accordingly and submit quality bids to win projects whilst reporting to the Estimating Manager. If you are commercially aware and have valuable experience in an estimating role, then this is an outstanding opportunity to join a company who hold trust, teamwork and professionalism as their core values.
- Maintain relationships with clients and construction professionals to generate tender opportunities.
- Maintain the tender quote file ensuring all tenders are logged and updated progress status is recorded.
- Use standard company estimating processes and software to ensure consistency in quality.
- Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct.
- Identify tender deliverables and arrange for their production.
- Conduct site inspections and arrange for attendance of relevant personnel and specialist trades for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, and assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
- Calculate and prepare quantities and material take-offs.
- Identify the true net cost of the tender to allow accurate tender finalisation and informed bid level decisions to be taken.
- Compile letter of offer, qualifications and all required tender deliverables.
- Once tender is completed incorporate all relevant details and present to Senior
- Estimator for review and approval at Tender Finalisation Meeting prior to submission.
- Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tender and participate in contract negotiations in conjunction with Senior Quantity Survey and Senior Estimator.
- On tender success, co-ordinate documentation to produce a “Handover Pack” and arrange “Handover” meeting with the project team.
- Conduct “Handover” meeting with the project team, providing detailed briefing of the tender requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Commercially aware
- Experience of estimating software
- Competent in Excel, Word, Outlook
Salary: DOE + car/car allowance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.