Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
To be an important part of an innovative and driven team, working on developing manufacturing solutions and process development within a business recognized for rapid reaction.
The successful candidate will be involved in capital and process development projects, providing technical knowledge. They will aid with introduction/improvement of production and business processes. High level of focus on future planning and implementation of product R&D development into production.
This role will provide Production support through technical input to problem solving requirements as issues are identified within the factory and wider business. Implement and manage continuous improvement principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices, processes and plant.
This role will involve working alongside contractors and ensuring that health, safety, and environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Strong consideration of health and safety management across all projects.
- Collaboration between Technical, Production, Engineering and R&D departments to enable new products and processes as well as optimising and improving exiting.
- Latest technologies are constantly under review through attendance of technology shows and business seminars etc.
- Where applicable, employees are trained in the use of Lean methodologies.
- Departmental projects are managed ensuring safety, quality, delivery, and value are delivered while being aware of environmental impacts
- The current production processes are constantly under review, improvements are recommended and if accepted implement in a sustainable way.
- Engineering degree – e.g. Controls, System, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical , etc
- Engineering apprenticeship in suitable area – e.g. electrical, mechanical, programming
- Expert Experience with manufacturing lines and processes.
- An interest in lean engineering, continuous improvement, and waste reduction.
- Manufacturing experience desirable
- Interest in Additive manufacturing desirable.
- Interest in Production automation and Industry 4.0 desirable.
- Analytical Skills – need to be able to identify areas of low efficiency and work to provide improvements.
- Lean Manufacturing Skills – must be able to identify and eliminate waste within the system.
- Technical Skills – must be able to work with different technology to provide a solution that produces the required result in the most efficient way possible. Skills in computer programming and PLC development would be desirable.
- Commercial Awareness – must keep the “bigger picture” in mind at all times when considering each step of the manufacturing process.
- Problem Solving Skills – ability to take a concept of a process and establish the equipment needed to make it happen.
- Organisational Abilities and Project Management – should be able to prioritise tasks, set schedules and work between different projects to achieve overall business goals.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.