Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
- Supporting the Supply Chain, the Graduate Buyer procures all project related requirements in a sound, ethical manner and in accordance with requirements to assure on time delivery to the end customer.
- Will work to a budget set by Proposals and will look to negotiate all request for quotes to ensure we procure better than budget but not to the detriment of quality.
- Purchases items consistent with price, desired quality, and requirement date.
- Expedites orders to meet on time delivery from suppliers.
- Selects suitable sources, requests bids as necessary, evaluates quotation and makes final supplier selection.
- Verifies that Bill of Materials details are correct and complete and highlight to your immediate supervisor, any discrepancies.
- Negotiates pricing, lead times and terms, conditions and recommends best commercial options ensuring budgets are met.
- Capture and report to immediate supervisor any anomalies with BOM, budget vs actual costs, lead-times etc.
- Performs order expediting activities as required.
- Liaises with Projects personnel highlighting any issues with achieving requested deliveries.
- Establish and build good working relationships with suppliers.
- Adhere to the Approved Vender supplier procedure with regards to setting up suppliers on our approved vender listing (AVL)
- Collate and prepare pre-tender documents to be issued to suppliers for specific tenders.
- Review and report Scorecards for allocated suppliers.
- To be trained on a variety of supply chain group activities to able to provide absence cover.
- Graduated from further education.
- Experience within working in a purchasing department on all tendering and purchasing processes.
- Proficient at dealing with setting up suppliers on an Approved Vender Listing
- A good Graduate knowledge and experience of buying materials and services.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.