KBM Resourcing Ltd
This client is a multi-disciplined design and manufacturing company comprising of several bespoke divisions. The highly innovative products produced by the client have been solving complex customer challenges around the world for decades warranting the company’s rapid expansions. The company is currently opening a couple new locations in Scotland making it a very exciting time to join their friendly and motivated team. The client is currently looking to take on a Hydro-Dynamic Analyst Engineer to help pioneer these developments and to help design the next generation of cutting-edge technology.
Main duties and responsibilities of the jobholder
- Perform global dynamic analysis of in-place offshore systems and operations
- Feed into design of the company’s products from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Produce technical reports detailing work completed. Including but not limited to, engineering calculations, global dynamic analysis.
- Assist in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Contribute development ideas for new and existing products.
- Look for continuous improvement.
- Provide support to proposals and projects, working to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Review and contribute towards improving departmental systems, processes and guides.
- Engineering degree – Mechanical or Structural. A Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Or HND with 5 years post qualification experience minimum.
- Working towards, a desire to obtain or near achieving Chartered Status
- Engineering experience within a fast-paced engineering design environment
- Proficient in Orcaflex or similar dynamics package
- Proficient in technical reporting and data collation / presentation
- Experience in writing scripts using the likes of Python or equivalent.
- 2/3 years plus engineering design experience
- Experience in renewables industry
- Experience communicating and working with clients
- Strong skills in Hydro-dynamic analysis.
- Proficient with Python and writing scripts integrating with Software.
- Ability to produce technical calculations quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of FEA software.
- Competence in MS Word, Excel, Access
- Appreciation of company and Industry Standards
- CFD experience using Ansys CFX
- Experience in FEA and 3D CAD software, preferably ANSYS Workbench & Inventor.
- Experience with Autodesk Vault (or other Database Management systems)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.