KBM Resourcing Ltd
We are looking for a maintenance technician to join our client’s team in Brechin. This client is a leading designer and manufacturer of a wide variety of products extensively used in a diverse range of markets including the Renewables, Oil & Gas, Motor and Agricultural Industries. The highly innovative products produced by the client have been solving complex customer challenges around the world for decades warranting the company’s rapid international expansions. The client’s Scottish headquarters are currently going under their own expansions making for it being a very exciting time to join their friendly and motivated team!
Ensuring all plant machinery and facilities are kept in good working order. Working within their Lean Management processes and to standard work practices.
Reporting to the Facilities and Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the daily SHE, Maintenance and Engineering activities, across all departments, in order to support Manufacturing and Engineering activities.
To work with all engineers and managers by maintaining work areas in a clean and safe manner. When working on machines and plant to ensure that all areas are kept clean and safe. To assist with various projects or working groups including Health and Safety and Environmental issues.
- Ensure a safe working environment, follow, support, and maintain working practices, comply with all relevant HSE legislation and local policies and procedures.
- Carry out routine site audits (TPM, SHE, 5S) and Fire alarm testing
- Follow established work methods and procedures to ensure the smooth running of equipment and the plant.
- Proactively work to solve equipment issues using effective fault diagnosis skills and implement immediate containment, together with longer term innovative solutions.
- Follow routine and preventative maintenance programs and undertake appropriate preventative maintenance checks during planned production downtime to ensure that the equipment and machinery are available for production.
- Support/Carry out overhauls, upgrades and rebuild equipment, including machine and process modifications where appropriate, to ensure continuous improvement.
- Support the commissioning and Installation of new equipment, as required, to support new production or the improvement of current processes
- Raise concerns/issues regarding all aspects of production with the appropriate personnel to ensure quality is maintained and downtime kept to a minimum.
- Continually work as a Team Member to maintain and improve the teamwork philosophy within the business.
- Support the site Maintenance Engineer in carrying out routine maintenance activities on site (shelving, basic plumbing, painting, minor electrical work, etc.)
- Carry out routine servicing of manual/CNC Lathes, Mills, and other machining equipment
- Ability to work on own and prioritise own workload
- Proficiency in the use of IT packages (to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Previous experience within an Engineering or Production environment
- Proven ability to follow written work instructions
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Fluent in English
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
- Experience in following Quality Systems
- Current Forklift & Scissor Lift License
- A vocational qualification in woodworking, metalworking, plumbing, electrical installation and testing or mechanical engineering
- Understanding of ISO 9001 & ISO14001
- Previous experience of lean management/Six Sigma/Continuous improvement techniques
- Experience of working with manual and CNC machinery
- Ability to read & understand Technical and Machine Drawings
- CNC Machine servicing experience
- Knowledge of Fanuc and Siemens controls
Please note: this role works in a machine shop environment for the full working shift. This environment is subject to changes of temperature, noise, and dust. The jobholder is required to stand on their feet for long periods of time – bending, stretching, kneeling, and lifting the occasional heavy load.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.