Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
We are looking for a Manual Machinist based in Westhill, Aberdeen to work within a busy team. Our client is an engineering solutions provider recognised worldwide for their design and engineering expertise to create tailored solutions. Based in a modern purpose-built facility near Aberdeen, they are looking to expand their skilled workforce.
- Set and operate manual lathes and similar as part of a manual machining cell team.
- Read and interpret drawings, specifications and sketches or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces and setup requirements.
- Working to tight tolerances, checking own work and work of others as required.
- Accountable for the machined dimensions and quality of all works undertaken.
- Ensure all components are fully deburred where applicable.
- Ensure accurate and on time completion of machining requirements, completing Time Records, Workshop Documentation, Quality and Inspection Records to meet production department daily/weekly/monthly work schedules/targets.
- Identify root causes of quality faults, complete NCR’s and find permanent solutions.
- Responsible for all daily machine maintenance checks.
- Provide cover and support in other production areas as required.
- Carrying out various manufacturing disciplines with flexibility, integrity and efficiency to achieve “on time in full” targets of an excellent quality to company procedures.
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping and that your area of responsibility is “visitor ready” at all times using 5S Techniques.
- Pro-active approach to Health, Safety & Environmental practices in the workshop.
- Actively participate where required to support business continuous improvement work.
- Willingness to train/operate machine tools and/or perform duties outside those described.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manual machining.
- Experience with medium to large bed lathes and similar machinery.
- Experience with gear cutting or thread cutting desirable but not essential.
- Experience with a variety of materials, including Stainless Steels.
- Candidates should be able to work in a busy environment, have good communication skills, display a flexible approach to work and be able to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent team worker, with the ability to work proactively within the team and support the team in a positive manner.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.