Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Seeking an ambitious Design Engineer to work along within an engineering department with particular focus on renewables. A successful candidate will be an integral member of a motivated and ambitious design engineering team, sharing the same drive and enthusiasm as their peers. If successful, you will expected to produce innovative engineering solutions to challenging industry scenarios, whilst supporting sales and projects from concept through to production. Additionally, it would beneficial to have experience of working with cost, time and quality management. You will be required to show initiative in all aspects of the role and should be able to work with minimal supervision while possessing all the attributes of a great team player.
- Design products from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Produce 3D CAD models and detail drawings to provide solutions in accordance with clients’ requirements.
- Produce technical reports detailing work completed and the products produced. Including but not limited to, engineering calculations, finite element analysis (FEA).
- Assist in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Contribute development ideas for new and existing products.
- Look for continuous improvement.
- Provide support to proposals and projects, working to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Review and contribute towards improving departmental systems, processes and guides.
- Engineering degree – Mechanical or Structural. A Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Or HND with minimum 5 years post qualification experience.
- Obtained or working towards chartered status with an industry-recognised institution.
- Design experience within a fast-paced engineering design environment
- Proficient in FEA and 3D CAD software, preferably ANSYS Workbench & Inventor.
- Proficient in technical reporting and data collation / presentation
- 2/3 years plus mechanical engineering design experience
- Experience in renewables industry
- Experience communicating and working with clients
- Experience of design with polyurethane products
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team within a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Lateral thinker
- Knowledge engineering drawing standards
- Ability to produce technical calculations quickly and accurately, particularly in Mathcad
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- CFD experience using Ansys CFX
- Thermal and Mechanical FEA experience in Ansys
- Experience with Orcaflex or similar dynamics package
- Experience with Autodesk Vault (or other Database Management systems)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.