Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
This is a varied and interesting role, working within a small team in a medium sized, global organisation within the offshore/onshore and global energy industries. The job holder will be required to work on designing and manufacturing a wide variety of subsea mechanical and hydraulic systems ranging from handheld diver tools to full world class ROV systems.
- Create CAD manufacturing drawings according to approved company procedures and policies
- Be able to use 3D Solid works to a high competency level for the vast majority of design work.
- Create hydraulic & fittings schematics in sufficient detail for customer approval and the Workshop fabrication.
- Create, maintain and control detailed project plans for builds, working closely with internal personnel, customers and clients to achieve on time and on budget delivery.
- Create BoM’s, parts lists and assemblies for manufacture according to approved company procedures.
- Produce detailed Operations and Maintenance Manuals including parts information.
- Competently develop basic concepts of mechanical / hydraulic systems into cost effective and profitable products ready for design review with minimal guidance.
- Liaise with suppliers to select the best and most cost effective components to meet the project budget and lead times.
- Produce and Maintain Product Cost List which is passed to Business Co-ordinator for quoting to client.
- Witness and assess the final build testing for any new product.
- The job holder may be required to carry out any other related or associated roles, tasks or duties, which they can be trained, instructed and supervised to do safely and according to changing business requirements
- Minimum Level Required– Meticulous attention to detail and able to complete projects on time and on budget every time
- Desirable– Project Planning; Cost Control
Training & Qualifications:
- Minimum Level Required- HND Mechanical / Hydraulic Engineering
- Desirable– Degree Mechanical / Hydraulic Engineering
- Minimum Level Required– Good knowledge and understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and structural engineering for subsea equipment
- Desirable– Subject expert
- Minimum Level Required– Hands on; willing to get stuck in or get coveralls on and help
- Minimum Level Required- 4 years plus industry experience plus extensive experience both mechanical and hydraulic engineering
- Desirable– ROV tooling and ROV systems design; previous experience of technical documentation preparation and publication
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.