Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Led by the cutting-edge products the company design and manufacture, our client are currently opening new locations across Scotland as they grow their market share. As a result of these expansions, they are additionally looking to grow their motivated and enthusiastic team and are now looking for a Maintenance Mechanical technician who is responsible for the mechanical maintenance, repair and installation of Production Line Plant and Support Equipment involved in the manufacturing of offshore buoyancy equipment. This is to support a 24-hour Production Plant operation.
- Carry Out PPM Tasks on Production Plant and equipment
- Carry Out Repairs to Production Plant and equipment to ensure minimum downtime to production
- Fault finding and diagnose problems with Production Line Plant
- Working with Fabrication/Welding Engineers to install new and replacement Plant and equipment.
- Maintain a record of maintenance activities carried out on Plant and equipment.
- The Calibration of Plant and equipment within ISO 9001 standards
- Ensuring all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with Health & Safety procedures, risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Assisting Electrical Maintenance Technicians to carry out their tasks when required.
- To maintain a safe & tidy working environment.
- Must be prepared to work on a rotational shift pattern
- 24 hours call out support when required
- Must be time a served engineer with minimum 5, ideally 10 years relevant experience
- City & Guilds Mechanical Maintenance, NVQ/SVQ Level 3
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- Working knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Working knowledge of Pumps and vacuum systems
- General factory mechanical machinery, plant & equipment
- Extensive practical experience in a similar role
- Relevant health and safety training
- Good diagnostic/fault finding skills
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team working skills
- Working at height
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.