Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
We have an opportunity for a time served technician to join a company on a permanent basis. This is an offshore role, working with their customers mainly in the North Sea.
Our client are a well-established, well services company, servicing the oil industry and are looking for a service technician with experience in wellhead maintenance. The role includes Management & Well Integrity Operations. Pressure testing of wellhead valves and interfaces. Routine inspection, repair and maintenance of surface wellheads, as well as the provision of pressure testing services. Pressure bleeding / monitoring. Non-destructive testing. Visual inspections and well corrosion report.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for attending pre and post job operational meetings
- Responsible for checking equipment as per mobilisation list onshore/ offshore
- Responsible for providing the customer’s representative with sufficient information and guidance to ensure correct task completion in a safe manner.
- Responsible for daily communications and reporting to onshore reps
- Provide input regarding operational procedures and any amendments which are required.
- To be compliant with company expenditure approval matrix
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment in a fit for purpose condition
- Responsible for back loading all equipment safely and securely
- Responsible for the preparation and issue of reports for company and client operations
- Ensure Health, Safety, Security & Environmental procedures are adhered to.
Health and Safety Management:
- Assist in conducting safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensure regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
- Advise on safety aspects in the use of new products, plant, equipment and systems of work.
- Where necessary assist with the causes of accidents, the circumstances leading to them and compile the necessary reports, providing corrective advice to prevent recurrence.
- Assist in the preparation and issue method statements for projects and ensure that they are applied and adhered to.
- Liaise with external health and safety consultant to interpret and advise on the implementation of health & safety legislation, and in particular, the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum vocational qualification would be preferable
- Confident in dealing with people related issues
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong communicator
- Excellent coach and mentor
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.