Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
One of our Oil & Gas client in Montrose are recruiting for a Painter / Blaster. We are looking for a Painter / Blaster to focus on Chilled Iron Grit blasting and Spray painting using Compliant Coating quick dry system. There may also be requirements to support other departments and personnel with tasks such as power washing, cleaning, lifting, moving, and offering general assistance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out Chilled Iron Grit Blasting including ID stamping of individual components for traceability.
- Carry out basic maintenance and cleaning of the Grit Blast system as per Safe System of work SSW060
- Accountable for the correct movement of Blasting / Painting related job components through the workflow process ensuring items are staged in designated areas at all times.
- Ensure job components are identified with the WO # throughout workflow relating to Blasting & Painting.
- Spray painting in accordance with Standard Practice (phone number removed)
- Check coating thickness’s and completing coatings summary report where required.
- Carry out cleaning and maintenance of the spray booth and paint systems.
- De greasing, masking and hand touch up painting of machinery and components as directed by workshop fitters / charge hands.
- Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
Time served apprenticeship
- Working knowledge of industrial Grit Blasting.
- Good working knowledge of the Oil and Gas in a relevant field.
- Working knowledge within an industrial painting environment.
- Computer literacy
- Fork Lift license
Working hours – 7am-415pm Mon to Thurs, 7am-12 Friday
Hourly rate DOE £9.50 – £12.50 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.