Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
We have an opportunity for Production machinists to join an established manufacturing company in Aberdeen.
We are looking for machinists that have experience in:
Mazak Fusion 640 and Matrix Control or Mori-Seiki NLX, SL403 machine tool
This is a permanent role where you would be:
Responsible for the manufacture of components as per the engineering drawings and specifications ensuring information is checked against route cards. Responsible for programming, setting, operating and proving component manufacture on various Lathes, Machining Centres and multitasking CNC/Manual machines based on the experience and/or skill level provided.
The job holder will be required to complete allocated work in a timely manner adhering the HSEQ requirements at all times.
- Programming, setting and operating CNC Machine Tools to the required standard in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications
- Working with a range of materials including carbon steel, various stainless steels and some exotic steel. Interpreting engineering drawings and working with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy
- Using a range of measuring equipment together with working knowledge of inspection procedures to undertake self-inspection
- Checking all relevant information on Route Cards to ensure correct drawings, material have been issued prior to manufacture of components
- Signing off relevant sections of Route Card on completion of machining operation
- Reporting any non-conforming components to the Lead hand/ Machine shop Supervisor and the QA Department
- Reporting any methods or procedures to improve quality and efficiency to the Lead hand/
- Machine shop Supervisor
- Responsible for ensuring that all tooling and equipment are returned to the correct location
- Keeping machine and work area clean and tidy and ensuring the following housekeeping duties are performed: the machine (inside and out), work area and the surrounding area are cleaned at the end of each shift, coolant and oil levels are maintained, all gauges are cleaned prior to returning to the gauge room and workshop to be kept safe and clean at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Specific and Relevant Machining experience in the oil and gas industry
- Time served, with recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Competent in the ability to read Engineering drawings
- IOSH Working Safely (Desirable)
- Fully skilled CNC Turner and/or Miller, from operator to programming
- Proficient in MoriSeiki, Fanuc and/or Mazatrol, including conversational Programming
- Full UK Driving Licence
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.