Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
- The Project Engineer is required to take responsibility for project work assigned to them in support of the company’s core business as well as any potential new business opportunities.
- The work of the Project Engineer generally includes but is not limited to the following; office based and offshore project engineering, mentoring, tender support, project management support and business development support.
- The Project Engineer shall always demonstrate the appropriate level of professionalism when representing the company
- Acquainted in legislation and standards as relevant for area of responsibility
- Competent with relevant technical software for area of responsibility (MS Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Visio / Project)
- Engineering execution and procedure development experience.
- Oil and Gas or Energy related past engineering experience.
- Offshore execution experience in core business streams
- University degree level in relevant engineering discipline
Onshore Project Engineering:
- Demonstrate suitable level of knowledge and understanding of company’s core business streams;
- Prepare project documentation such as work procedures, method statements / procedures, reports, technical notes, MoM’s, risks assessments, cost estimates and schedules as required by the project;
- Perform review / IDC of project documentation prepared by other engineers;
- Support and advise supporting function personnel (draughting, structural, analysis, DCC etc.) to complete work packages;
- Participate in project or site HIRA’s/HAZID/HAZOP/SJA processes in conjunction with project teams and site managers;
- Attend project meetings/client conferences as required;
- Provide offshore support as required by the project.
Offshore Project Engineering:
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge and understanding of offshore project being executed;
- Prepare, report and manage all required project documentation throughout the course of the offshore works;
- Integrate with the vessel/site/platform team to ensure the work is executed correctly;
- Responsible for running the shift and attending daily project meetings if being utilised in an execution role;
- Responsible for managing subcontractors for the execution of their discreet packages within the offshore scope;
- Participate/run offshore HIRA’s/SJA processes in conjunction with project teams, offshore managers and vessel crew.
- Oversee and mentor graduate engineers on technical matters and company/industry standards;
Tender & Proposal Support:
- Assist Project Managers/Senior Project Engineers as required during tendering scopes;
- Prepare/provide input into tender documentation such as scope of work, ITT and RFQ as required.
- Prepare/provide input into proposal documentation such as CTRs, manpower plans, MDR’s, method statements, schedules and final proposals as required to support company proposals for work.
Project Management Support:
- Support the Project Manager as required with deliverables such as weekly/monthly reporting, cost budgeting, tracking and forecasting;
- Assist the Project Manager in developing CTRs and schedule throughout the duration of the project to support execution works.
Business Development Support:
- Support the business development function in attracting new business and liaising with clients as required by the Business Development Manager;
- Promote business development outside of the workplace to positively enhance the reputation of the company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.