KBM Resourcing Ltd
The Proposals Engineer will be responsible for the preparation and submission of tenders throughout all phases of the corporate proposal process.
The candidate will compile bid packages ensuring that these are high quality, accurate and demonstrate both our Technical and Commercial strengths. They must be specific to the Clients’ requirements drawing on key selling features which will separate the company from their competitors.
The Proposals Engineer must be able to manage their workload, ensuring that Clients deadlines are adhered to. They must maintain a professional approach all times whilst exceeding customer expectations through all stages of the transaction process.
The growth of the business is highly dependent on securing new business based on clear detailed information being provided at tender stage. To this end, the job holder must demonstrate a strong commercial acumen.
Main duties & responsibilities of the job holder
To compile tenders for the company in line with the business plan targets, maintaining customer satisfaction and good client relations.
- Have the ability to identify, understand, interpret and collate customer requirements and compile compliant and alternative technical and commercial bids as required
- Have an understanding of engineering principles in order to carry out preliminary design and estimation of products
- Receive the inputs from all involved departments and challenge proposed solutions in order to optimise costs & schedule
- Able to liaise with and convey customer requirements to Design, Project Management and Production teams
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Training
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Contractual awareness
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Understanding of Engineering principles
- Previous estimating experience
- Ability to effectively manage own workload, and work within given timescales (both internal and external), ensuring project requirements are met
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Previous work experience as a Proposals/Tendering/Contracts Engineer preferably within the Oil & Gas or Offshore Construction industries
- Good communication, organisational and negotiation skills
- Ability to work using own initiative and to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Teamwork – Being able to get on with other people and work with them efficiently. Being able to give honest and constructive feedback to others.
- Problem Solving – Anticipates potential problems and develops appropriate solutions, through use of logic, objectivity and initiative.
- Commercial Awareness – Understands the business and the industry demands
- Analytical Thinking – The ability to tackle a problem by a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Prioritising workloads to ensure that deadlines are met for key tenders.
- Technical Expertise – Can demonstrate a sound understanding of Engineering principles in order to solve problems, as well as show an interest in learning to further develop skills.
- Initiative – Can identify what requires to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it by taking independent action.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.