Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
The job entails providing support to the business for all Quality Assurance activities. The job holder shall ensure that significant issues are appropriately investigated, ensuring lessons are identified and verified as part of internal audit arrangements and incorporated as best practice.
The job holder must be able to pro-actively and effectively communicate and collaborate at all levels across the business including clients and supply chain and demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to resolving problems.
It is also expected that the person appointed is pro-active, in that the jobholder is expected to contribute to our aim of continuous improvement by advising on the operation of our QHSE systems and processes, reporting any issues to line management as appropriate.
- Promote the continued development and improvement of the IMS and associated ways of working, systems, processes and tools.
- Ensure manufactured and procured products are inspected in a timely manner to verify conformance to specified requirements i.e. PO, drawing, specifications. ITP’s including first article, in-process and final inspections.
- Conduct line QC inspection of manufactured product – provide feedback to Production Managers/ Supervisors as appropriate
- Promote the effective and consistent capture of product and/or material non-conformance – provide information, instruction and training.
- Liaise with client appointed inspection resources as appropriate.
- Identify and accurately report detected product and/or material non-conformance – ensure the Disposition systems are used and updated.
- Ensure non-conforming products and materials are clearly identified and segregated from unintended use.
- Ensure that remedial actions to address reported products and materials non-conformities are verified prior inspection release and update inspection status
- Ensure that product identification and traceability is maintained to support client/project requirements.
- Ensure client/project product inspection requirements (ITP’s) are implemented and understood. Regularly review and update ITP templates with projects.
- Maintain effective inspection reporting systems and ensure that records of inspection are clear and accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Regularly review and agree inspection reporting requirements with projects and manufacturing – agree and implement metrices to measure improvement.
- Ensure inspection monitoring and measurement devices are calibrated and maintained – – provide information, instruction and training.
- Ensure damaged, faulty or defective equipment is segregated from unintended use. Arrange for repair/rework and recalibration where appropriate.
- Provide coaching, guidance, support and training on inspection activities across the business.
- A minimum of 3 years working within a quality discipline as a QC Inspector with at least 1 of these years’ experience working within a manufacturing organisation.
- Knowledge of relevant industry technical codes and standards, e.g., BS EN 10204
- Mechanical/ metallurgical principles, e.g. radiography, NDT/NDE.
- Understanding of national calibration requirements e.g. UKAS, certification requirements.
- Understanding of root cause analysis tools and techniques, e.g. Ishikawa, 8D, 5Why.
- Practical application of management systems models, standards, and associated terminology e.g. ISO9001 or equivalent.
- Experienced Internal Auditor.
- Experience of third-party certification audits.
Please be advised that the QC Inspector would join the team on a three shift basis.
- Day shift: 6am – 2:15pm
- Back shift: 2pm – 10:15pm (time and a sixth)
- Night shift: 10pm – 6:15am (time and a third)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.