Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
An exciting opportunity to work for a multi sector engineering company in their manufacturing facility as a QC Inspector.
You will be part of a team, providing support and quality assurance. Investigating issues and ensuring lessons are identified as part of internal audits, enforcing best practices at all times.
To qualify you must be able to communicate across all levels of the business, this will include clients and other members of the supply chain – reporting any issues to the management team as appropriate.
Main duties include, but not limited to:
- Ensure manufactured and procured products are inspected in a timely manner to verify conformance to specified requirements i.e., PO, drawing, specifications. ITP’s including first article, in-process, and final inspections.
- Conduct line QC inspection of manufactured product – provide feedback to Production Managers/ Supervisors as appropriate.
- Promote the effective and consistent capture of product and/or material non-conformance – provide information, instruction, and training.
- Liaise with client appointed inspection resources as appropriate.
- Identify and accurately report detected product and/or material non-conformance – ensure the Disposition systems are used and updated.
- Ensure non-conforming products and materials are clearly identified and segregated from unintended use.
- Maintain effective inspection reporting systems and ensure that records of inspection are clear and accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Regularly review and agree inspection reporting requirements with projects and manufacturing – agree and implement metrices to measure improvement.
- Ensure inspection monitoring and measurement devices are calibrated and maintained – provide information, instruction and training.
- Industry recognised welding inspection qualification e.g. CSWIP 3.0 Visual Weld Inspection or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a quality discipline as a QC Inspector with at least 1 of these years’ experience working within a manufacturing organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant industry technical codes and standards, e.g., BS EN 10204, NACE
- Knowledge and experience of using various monitoring and measuring devices and associated calibration requirements e.g. UKAS, certification requirements.
- Understanding of mechanical/ metallurgical principles, e.g. radiography, NDT/NDE.
- Practical application of management systems models, standards, and associated terminology e.g. ISO9001 or equivalent.
- Understanding of root cause analysis tools and techniques, e.g. PDCA, Ishikawa, 8D, 5Why.
- Experienced Internal Auditor.
- Experience of third-party certification audits.
14 per hour + shift allowance. Working a 3 shift rotation day/ back and night with uplifts of time and 6th for back and time and a third for nights.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.