Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
We are looking for a QC Inspector to join a busy team within a trusted engineering firm within the energy sector.
The job entails providing support to the business for all Quality Assurance activities including the effective maintenance of Integrated Management System (IMS). The job holder shall ensure that significant issues are appropriately investigated, ensuring lessons are identified and verified as part of internal audit arrangements and incorporated as best practice.
The job holder must be able to pro-actively and effectively communicate and collaborate at all levels across the business including clients and supply chain and demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to resolving problems.
It is also expected that the person appointed is pro-active, in that the jobholder is expected to contribute to our aim of continuous improvement by advising on the operation of our QHSE systems and processes, reporting any issues to line management as appropriate.
- Promote the core values and actively promote the principles of Right First Time.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Quality and HSE objectives.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication to ensure objectives are met and develop good working relationships.
- Use and comply with the systems, processes, and tools – challenge and improve our management systems, processes, and tools.
- Actively promote and encourage continual improvement- seek best practice and identify improvements from within and externally.
- Identify, develop, and execute programmes aimed at promoting QHSE performance within the business. Focus on differentiators that will produce positive results.
- Encourage collaboration and sharing across the organisation – communicate information, seek feedback and act accordingly.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote the continued development and improvement of the IMS and associated ways of working, systems, processes, and tools.
- Ensure manufactured and procured products are inspected in a timely manner to verify conformance to specified requirements i.e., PO, drawing, specifications. ITP’s including first article, in-process, and final inspections.
- Conduct line QC inspection of manufactured product – provide feedback to Production Managers/ Supervisors as appropriate.
- Promote the effective and consistent capture of product and/or material non-conformance – provide information, instruction, and training.
- Liaise with client appointed inspection resources as appropriate.
- Identify and accurately report detected product and/or material non-conformance – ensure the Disposition systems are used and updated.
- Ensure non-conforming products and materials are clearly identified and segregated from unintended use.
- Ensure that remedial actions to address reported products and materials non-conformities are verified prior inspection release and update inspection status.
- Ensure that product identification and traceability is maintained to support client/project requirements.
- Ensure client/project product inspection requirements (ITP’s) are implemented and understood. Regularly review and update ITP templates with projects.
- Maintain effective inspection reporting systems and ensure that records of inspection are clear and accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Regularly review and agree inspection reporting requirements with projects and manufacturing – agree and implement metrices to measure improvement.
- Ensure inspection monitoring and measurement devices are calibrated and maintained – – provide information, instruction, and training.
- Ensure damaged, faulty, or defective equipment is segregated from unintended use. Arrange for repair/rework and recalibration where appropriate.
- Provide coaching, guidance, support, and training on inspection activities across the business.
- A minimum of 3 years working within a quality discipline as a QC Inspector with at least 1 of these years’ experience working within a manufacturing organisation.
- IRCA Internal Auditor Trained. QMS Internal Auditor.
- Industry recognised visual welding inspection qualification e.g., CSWIP 3.0
- Experience using Faro Arm and Aberlink software
- National/Vocational level 3 qualification in an Engineering discipline e.g., ONC, SVQ
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a quality discipline as a QC Inspector with at least 1 of these years’ experience working within a manufacturing organisation.
- Knowledge of relevant industry technical codes and standards, e.g., BS EN 10204
- Mechanical/ metallurgical principles, e.g., radiography, NDT/NDE.
- Understanding of national calibration requirements e.g. UKAS, certification requirements
- Understanding of root cause analysis tools and techniques, e.g., Ishikawa, 8D, 5Why.
- Practical application of management systems models, standards, and associated terminology e.g., ISO9001 or equivalent.
- Experienced Internal Auditor.
- Experience of third-party certification audits.
- Ability to read manufacturing/geometrical drawings.
- Proficient in the use of the latest version of Microsoft Office.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Pleasant and articulate manner –works well independently and as part of a team.
- Organised, analytical and systematic with an enthusiastic approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and prioritise workloads.
- Good organisational, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail – manages and records deliverables with a high level of accuracy.
- Able to build and continually cultivate relationships with key suppliers and manufacturing teams.
- IT skilled with data input / handling experience working with databases.
- Effective presentation skills – capable of presentation and discussion at Senior Management level.
- Enthusiasm for self-development and progression and for development, coaching and mentoring of personnel.
- Product Knowledge
This Role Profile outlines the main areas of responsibility; however the role holder may be required to perform any other necessary duties within their experience and capabilities from time to time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.