Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
To carry out “in process” and final QC inspection of fabricated/Piping products in accordance with client requirements, approved welding procedure specifications and relevant codes and standards.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Comply with the company’s:
- HSEQ policy statement and procedure requirements.
- Organizations quality process procedures
- Ensure mandatory PPE requirements are adhered too.
- Ensure compliance with the fabrication/Piping workflow procedures ensuring that relevant hold and witness points are observed as per ITP.
- Prepare and populate job cards (NDT section).
- Provide technical support to the workshop manager with scope execution.
- Complete as built drawings and weld ident drawings.
- Co-ordinate with Lloyds all welders qualifications and maintain up to records.
- Complete fabrication/welding audits.
- Carry out and record findings of routine in process and final dimensional inspection of projects using calibrated / maintained equipment for piping/steel scopes.
- Carry out inspections of 3rd party manufactured products.
- Advise workshop Supervisor/HSEQ Manager of non-conformances in production.
- Complete non-conformance reports based on any internal/supplier issues identified.
- Advise Workshop Supervisor/QHSE Manager of re-works in production and complete rework forms.
- When required, ensure compliance with project specific QC inspection and test plans ensuring that relevant, hold, witness points are observed.
- Report any HSE issues witnessed in the workshop, stop the job if you feel that the safety or yourself or that of your colleagues is jeopardised.
- In conjunction with the Procurement & Material Department complete a final pre-delivery inspection report for each project within the Job Card.
- Support the compilation of the fabrication dossier packs regarding the QC element.
- Participate in all training provided by the company.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained. Dispose of waste using the correct bins/skips provided for segregation.
- Report on project progress and present regular departmental performance updates.
- May be requested at times to perform other tasks and work additional hours in abnormal situations to ensure customer order request dates are achieved.
Job Scope and performance measures
As outlined in the company strategic goals and objectives, the QC manager is responsible for delivering a number of KPI’s at agreed levels, specifically:
- Participation in Quality Audits
- Participation in Procedure review
- Submit 3 Change requests
- Participate in the close out of an Improvement report
- Attend QHSE Familiarization training
As outlined in the company strategic goals and objectives, the quality controller is responsible for delivering a number of KPI’s at agreed levels, specifically:-
- Zero LTI’s
- Complete 2 weld audits per month.
This client will consider experienced QC Managers and also QC Supervisors who want to make the step up to Manager level.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.