Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Over the last 5 or so decades this organisation has been pushing itself to become the front runner in the supply of processing equipment within the food and drink industry. This is therefore a very good opportunity to be an integral part of the team and help them maintain the high standards they strive for.
The QHSE Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing the company’s Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Management System. The QHSE Manager will be fully responsible for implementing safe systems of work and safe behavioural practices at all levels of the organisation. This position provides QHSE guidance to the organisation and supports the operation process to maintain and continually improve the safety culture and performance, in line with the organisation’s needs to comply with business objectives in the short, medium, and long terms.
- Develop, implement, and improve QHSE management systems, processes, and procedures to support business operations in accordance with ISO 9001, EN1090.
- Communicates information on the QHSE Management System throughout the organisation and promotes HSE awareness through various communication channels i.e. Tool Box talks, inductions, training, campaigns, flyers, discussions, emails etc. in consultation with all relevant departments.
- Prepare QHSE documentation for clients/projects as per the requirements and in consultation with the Design & Site Services teams
- Undertake QHSE inspections internally and with third parties (contractors) as per the approved inspection program of the company. Follows up on the preventive and / or corrective actions identified during the inspections and monitors the timely closing of the actions in coordination with other departments.
- Develops, facilitate and review QHSE risk assessments for routine and non-routine activities in consultation with the Factory team.
- Record QHSE key performance indicators on a monthly basis and issue reports as necessary. Suggest and advise changes to ensure continuous improvement on any additional effective KPIs to be added in the system as part of continual improvement.
- Develops, implements, and encourages the behavioural based safety culture in the organization through safe job observations and top management inspections.
- Perform monthly walk throughs across the premises to monitor and promote a safe workplace.
- Actively participate in the HSE incident investigations and prepare required reports in consultation with Management Team.
- Diligently performs any other reasonable work or related tasks at the request of his/her manager.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing & Engineering management practices and hazards.
- Thorough understanding of CDM regulations and site H&S
- General knowledge of Environmental hazards and HSE principles.
- Innovative and continual improvement mindset.
- Effective problem identification and problem solving.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent workload and time management.
- Excellent IT skills and experience in Microsoft Office / 365, including word, excel, outlook, powerpoint, teams, etc.
- Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Excellent report writing skills with attention to detail, correctness, and accuracy.
- Able to create new reports and tools for use by employees and management.
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Certificate preferred or willingness to work towards.
- At least 5 years of proven industrial and preferably Manufacturing / Engineering sector experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.