Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
We are currently looking to hire a Quality Inspector in a workshop in the Altens area of Aberdeen.
- Inspect components in accordance with relevant Process Control Document technical documentation and acceptance standards.
- Inspect goods “as received”, “work in progress” and at final acceptance activities.
- Ensure all inspection equipment is well maintained, within the stated calibration period, checked prior to use and stored correctly when not in use.
- Maintain relevant inspection logbooks.
- Ensure adequate stock of consumables including items used for packaging and transportation of customer goods.
- Assist the supervisor with production planning when required.
- Make efficient use of company resources.
Machinist principal duties:
- Operate lathe(s), grinding machine(s), lapping machine(s), polishing machine(s) as required, In accordance with the relevant Process Control Document
- Carry out routine preventative maintenance of the above listed machines
- Maintain machine logbooks.
- Ensure adequate stock of consumable parts, cutting tips, cutters, grinding wheels etc.
- Assist the Workshop Supervisor with production planning when required.
What’s in it for you?
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Competitive Overtime Rates
Personality / Personal Situation:
- Minimum 3 Years’ Experience as a Quality Inspector in an Engineering or Manufacturing Industry.
- Adheres to safe working practices.
- Follows the Company PCD’s (Process Control Documents)
- Understands calibration requirement
- Correctly interprets Instructions
- Uses standard measuring equipment.
- Possess product awareness.
- Accepts responsibilities as an inspection stamp holder.
Qualifications / Experience
- minimum of 3 standard grades (or equivalent) at GCSE or above, one of which must be a technical subject
Essential (must have):
- QHSE Awareness
- City and guilds or other reputable training qualification in Technical Design and NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) Level 2
- Ability to Interpret Technical Drawings
- FARO or CMM Experience
- Oil and Gas equipment experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.