Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Brief Description of The Job’s Function
The company is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, to design and develop and optimise its product portfolio across several industries e.g. Oil & Gas, Renewables and Marine. The successful candidate must have detailed knowledge and significant experience of application of Mechanical Design Engineering techniques.
The successful candidate will be a Senior and integral member of a thriving ambitious engineering team. Leading with enthusiasm demanding the same of their team and their peers they will be at the heart of all Engineering activities.
The jobholder will be leading a team of Design Engineers producing innovative engineering solutions primarily based on the company’s diverse portfolio. Bring products from concept through to prototype and finally offering support to the wider business for product launch. Ensuring all developments consider cost, time and quality are imperative. They will be required to show initiative in all aspects of the role and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To lead the team responsible for all the company’s products and development programmes keeping all stakeholders informed in support of the tendering process producing competitive cost-effective designs in line with customer specifications and industry standards
- To lead the team responsible for all company’s design engineering tasks in support of product development, evolution and cost reduction in line with the relevant customer specifications and industry standards
- To lead and mentor the team responsible for all the company’s design engineering tasks in support of all live project work in order that products are produced in line with customer specifications and industry standards, whilst ensuring anticipated product costs are achieved or bettered
- Provide Technical Guidance and support the across the business including but not limited to the Design Team, Sales & production teams in all developments, new products, materials and manufacturing methodology.
- Produce technical reports detailing work completed and the products produced. Including but not limited to, engineering structural calculations, Finite element analysis and where relevant CFD or Orcaflex.
- Lead and conduct appropriate material & manufacturing selection dependent upon project specification
- Engineering degree – Mechanical or Structural. A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Renewables or Design with composites preferred. (BEng Hons)
- Or HND with 5 years post qualification experience minimum.
- Chartered Engineer or, desire to obtain or near achieving Chartered Status
- Minimum of 5 years design experience within a fast-paced engineering design environment in Oil & Gas, Renewables or Advanced Composites and the associated applied technologies
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in leadership role where mentoring lesser experienced engineers was a key aspect in their daily work
- Comprehensive Knowledge in subsea structural analysis and validation methods and techniques in composites designs with the ability to convey complex problems and solutions to team members
- Advanced Experience using FEA methods and techniques specifically for Composites design
- 10 years plus mechanical engineering design experience
- 3 Years’ experience in Leading small teams of engineers delivering technical solutions to client specifications.
- Experienced Orcaflex User in a renewable’s environment such as Offshore Wind.
- Experience in CFD
- Client facing experience representing the business.
- Knowledge of CAD software and drawing standards preferably Inventor
- Ability to produce technical calculations quickly and accurately.
- Competent Knowledge of FEA software, preferably Ansys.
- CFD experience using Ansys CFX
- Knowledge or using and operating Orcaflex preferably in a renewable’s environment.
- Thermal and Mechanical FEA experience in Ansys
- Ability to produce technical calculations quickly and accurately based on structural makeup and performance for Composite Materials.
- Autodesk Inventor & Fusion (or other Database Management systems.)
- Competent ability in Mathcad
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.