Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
The job holder has overall responsibility for supervising all day-to-day activities/operations within the Hydraulics department for both company and customer owned equipment. The job holder is required to complete allocated jobs, often working to tight deadlines on a range of tasks to rigorous HSEQ standards.
In addition to developing the Hydraulic team, the job holder will be responsible for coordinating and managing the workflow of all jobs within the Hydraulic department.
Work is of a physical nature, involving lifting and carrying, albeit supported by physical aids (cranes and forklift etc.), and working with potentially dangerous machinery and tools.
- Supervising all day-to-day activities within the Hydraulics Department including, but not limited to, setting goals for performance and deadlines, organising workflow, ensuring Hydraulics staff understand their duties and tasks etc.
- Providing support and regularly communicate with the relevant stakeholders including, but not limited to, Planning, Operations, Engineering and Rentals and Services to ensure highest level of operations are achieved and expectations are understood
- Providing support and regularly communicating with the Line Manager both formally and informally as required to ensure the highest level of operations are achieved and expectations are understood
- Reporting any methods or procedures to improve quality and efficiency to the Line Manager
- Coordinating and managing the workflow of all jobs to ensure all jobs meet their expected completion dates as per operations, rentals, and service plan
- Being able to identify potential problems and problem solve often in conjunction with the Line Manager and/or Engineering Department
- Ability to identify potential risks and carry out risk assessments in the Hydraulics area
- Raising Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), Potential Improvement Reports (PIR), Corrective Action Reports (CAR), Engineering Change Notices (ECN) as and when required as per company procedures
- (Dis)assembling, inspecting, repairing, maintaining, and testing of hydraulic equipment (Grease Injection, Pressure Test, Hydraulic, Chemical and Well Control systems for the company’s Pressure Control Equipment (PCE) as per company procedures
- Plan, configure and build of all new control units as above and as per drawings and schematics provided
- Manipulation/bending, assembly and installation of medium and high-pressure stainless-steel tubing
- Identification of all types of low, medium, and high-pressure hydraulic fitting and thread type/identification
- Undertaking hydrostatic pressure testing of low and medium hydraulic systems
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis on both closed loop & open loop hydraulic systems
- Inspection and maintenance of company and/or customer owned hydraulic equipment as per company procedures for premobilisation, annual and five-year major service
- Responsible for ensuring that all tooling and equipment are returned to the correct location
- Ensuring the Hydraulics area is always a safe and tidy working environment
- Always wear correct PPE. Work is of a physical nature, involving lifting and carrying, albeit supported by physical aids (Cranes, Forklifts and Pallet Trucks) and working with potentially dangerous machinery and tools. The working environment requires the job holder to wear PPE relevant to the job/work being carried out
- Ensuring that all processes are carried out in accordance with the Company procedures
- When required to do so, the job holder must agree to work various shift patterns and/or overtime to meet operational requirements, this may include working in the Assembly & Test (A&T) area to meet operational needs
- Previous and relevant experience in a similar role
- HNC/HND in Hydraulic Engineering related course or a recognised trade apprenticeship, e.g. plumbing
- Working knowledge of Grease Injection and Hydraulic Control Units for Pressure Control Equipment
- Ability to read, and have a good understanding of, engineering drawings and schematics
- Compressed Air Awareness
- Hydraulic Pumps
- Forklift Training
- Mechanically sympathetic
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages and ERP system, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX
- IOSH (Managing Safely) qualified
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.