Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Our client is looking for a dynamic Service Desk Manager who has extensive experience leading and managing teams to deliver the highest standards of customer service, in a fast-paced technical environment.
You will be responsible for the front-line Customer and Technical Service Desk (First and Second line), Service Delivery and Workshop Repair functions, developing high-performing teams in a collaborative, supportive and enjoyable way, and nurturing a culture that understands the importance of customer excellence and profitability.
The Service Desk teams cover multiple business and revenue streams, taking responsibility for general customer enquiries, reactive and proactive servicing, repairs, and maintenance offerings all while ensuring a seamless interaction with other internal teams and delivering the highest standards of customer satisfaction and efficiency.
Ideally you will have experience managing a multi-technology support service comprising of remote support, fixing software issues, and talking customers through simple physical onsite fixes, as well as organising replacement parts and coordinating engineering visits.
You will bring focus to the performance and standards of the function utilising structured processes and workflows, delivering against KPIs and SLAs, meeting service revenue targets, coaching and mentoring our people. You will build a Service Desk strategy with a commitment to cross-functional collaboration that ensures consistently high standards and drives continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Managing efficient and timely response to customer enquiries at all times, swift identification of customer needs, logging, and managing of service incidents through to a successful and timely resolution
- Establishing Service Desk performance through metrics, stakeholder engagement and transactional feedback; developing action plans to address areas needing improvement
- Developing and growing departmental revenue streams through the promotion of prepaid, long-term maintenance agreements and enhanced remote service offerings
- Managing and developing the people in Dundee and being responsible for the management and performance of out-sourced partners in Europe
- Developing a culture of trust and respect with customers
- Liaising with the wider operational functions to ensure resources are allocated appropriately and in line with customer needs
- Responsible for ensuring agreed customer SLA’s are met, and take accountability for any required Service escalations.
- Reviewing customer complaints and liaising with appropriate departments to provide effective solutions
- Managing the full lifecycle of Service Desk operations
- Developing the efficiency of the Service Desk including knowledge capture and sharing, training and development
- Responsibility for key systems and processes that support the Service Desk functions and identify opportunities for improvement
- A hands-on, practical, dynamic, can-do attitude, and a desire to make a positive difference
- A passion and enthusiasm to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction from a Service Desk experience
- Leading, managing, and developing high-performing teams within a service operations function
- Working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Structured and organised
- The ability to pro-actively engage and manage internal and external stakeholders, peers, and colleagues
- Critical thinking and problem solving, specifically with regard to systems, products, and services, always with the aim of successfully delivering a positive outcome for our customer and our business
- Strong analytical and reporting skills to drive data-driven decision making
- Understand, manage, develop, and report against customer and internal and external SLAs requirements
- Excellent communication skills and passion for developing and supporting their teams
- Intimate knowledge of IT Service Desk tools and best practices
- Experience of transformational change projects to lead and support transition to new business processes and systems including system testing and training
- Qualified and experienced in ITIL or worked in an ITIL framework
- Strong Microsoft products background knowledge
- A collaborative and agile working environment with high levels of autonomy
- A competitive salary
- Group life insurance
- Defined Contribution Company Pension Scheme
- 32 days paid holiday
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.