Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
To generate detailed structural designs to support the company’s product portfolio and operational/business needs. Structural designs are to be verified with regards to integrity and function against relevant company and international standards.
- Interpret client needs and create Functional Design Specifications.
- Generate conceptual designs to fulfil requirements.
- Conduct Structure Analysis studies using STAAD Pro software (or similar).
- Liaise with drawing office to clearly communicate proposed design concepts.
- Create Engineering calculations packages to validate designs.
- Generate, check and revise Engineering documentation as required.
- Lead design reviews, generate and issues minutes and close out action points.
- Under the guidance of the Project/Lead Engineer prioritise assigned tasks and ensure on time delivery
- Attend project specific meetings and provide structural related technical input.
- Provide support to Sales with Technical Proposals and client meetings when requested
- Managing technical elements efficiently and effectively to ensure best solution is provided
- Provide technical support to workshop and offshore personnel.
- Ensure equipment designs fulfil the company’s and customer specifications.
- Mentor graduate engineers as required.
HSEQ Expected Behaviours:
- Ensure that all QHSE and Operational procedures as identified in the company’s QHSE Manual are always adhered to.
- Engage and participate in the companies OAR and Step Back 5 x 5 Systems
- Report any Health, Safety, Environmental or Quality issues using the HSEQ Reporting System via your Line Manager and/or HSEQ Department
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Degree in Mechanical/Structural/Naval Architecture/Civil Engineering
- Experience using STAAD Pro/FS2000 or similar
- Experience in the design of temporary Top side structures and grillages or similar
- Experience with bolted, pinned and welded connection design.
- Competent in creating structural design calculation packages and familiarity with mechanical stress calculations
- Experience in FEED and detailed design
- Experience using MathCAD
- Experience using FEA (Autodesk NASTRAN or similar)
- Relevant Offshore experience
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor
- Experience using Autodesk AutoCAD
- Current Offshore survival BOSIET \ Medical \ MIST
- Chartered Status
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.