Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
This company are looking for someone who can work well within a team as well as the ability to make effective decisions and thrive in situations where they can solve problems.
You will be trained to estimate, plan, and deliver a wide range of engineering projects and work closely with the Design, Procurement and Fabrication functions of the company. You soon will act as a key point of contact for all stakeholders including Clients, Suppliers and Consultants.
Travel will be required within the role with site attendance and management. Where necessary, a company pool vehicle or mileage will be provided, and overnight stays are relatively infrequent.
The role offers long term job security combined with the satisfaction that comes with delivering complex and varied engineering projects for a wide variety of Clients.
The training and role will include:
Health and Safety: Health and Safety is always the key! You’ll support the whole lifecycle of engineering projects from concept development to project execution whilst ensuring compliance with appropriate HSE standards.
Estimating, Management, and Reporting: Managing multiple projects at a time, taking ownership and accountability for the successful delivery of projects safely, on time, to the Customer’s satisfaction and to budget. Depending on project specific requirements, this will include:
- Project estimating, planning, and scheduling
- Budget and cost control, and tracking
- Design development including survey work
- Procurement, Buying and Expediting
- Site Assistance and Quality Control
- Problem solving to hit deadlines
- Fact-based progress reporting and issue identification
Teamwork & Stakeholder Management: Working collaboratively and communicating widely with the other functional stakeholders both internally and externally, to deliver projects and continuously improve how the Company operates. These stakeholders include Design Team, Procurement, Fabrication Workshop, Site Engineers, Finance, Suppliers and Customers
Account Management: Over time, implementing an Account Management approach to key Customers and identifying and building relationships with new Customers across the sectors in which the Company operates
- Form relationships with key decision makers in Customer organisations
- Track major opportunities from inception
- Understand budget constraints
- Monitor organisational moves in customers
Project Development: Developing detailed Engineering Scopes and Commercial Proposals in collaboration with the wider Company team for major projects, deploying a commercial approach to pricing and risk factors
The Successful Candidate will ideally have the following:
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering advantageous
- Please note that due to the nature of this role candidates must have a full driving licence and be of the age that allows them to drive fleet vehicles.
- The right to live and work in the UK without any restrictions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.