Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
This company has a primary focus on subsea engineering and specialist expertise and experience in subsea decommissioning and energy transition. The company have an enviable client base and strong track record supporting developers and operators to engineer and execute the most challenging subsea projects within tight budgets and ambitious deadlines.
Our comprehensive suite of services ensures we are a key provider to our clients throughout their assets’ journeys – through concept, design, execution, construction/installation, operation, decommissioning and energy transition.
Following multiple significant contract awards, they are expanding their Discipline Engineering team and are currently recruiting for a motivated, diligent and pragmatic Principal Pipeline Engineer. You will join an experienced, friendly and supportive team where you’ll find the right level of structure and autonomy to allow you to perform to your best.
What the company can offer you:
- Flexible working, you have the complete autonomy to choose your working pattern (this can be a blend of working from home and in our office)
- Opportunities to work on exciting, high-profile client projects both locally and internationally.
- Opportunity to interact and network with a wide and varied client base extending from operators and service providers to installation contractors and equipment suppliers
- Opportunity to work on a variety of scopes in a multi-discipline engineering team
- Competitive benefits package tailored to suit your lifestyle
Reporting to the Discipline Engineering Manager, The Principal Pipeline Engineer is required to take responsibility for project work assigned to them in support of the company’s core business whilst providing support senior and junior engineers.
- Enables data gathering and preparation of engineering studies, analysis, calculations, and helps/leads the creation of the technical reports
- Assists the Discipline Engineering Manager in authorizing work, resource planning, obtaining customer approval, and in executing the relevant scopes
- Liaison with clients to develop discrete work scopes and building a professional working relationship with the clients
- Ensure that project discipline engineering activities are executed within budget and schedule, while maintaining technical integrity
- Performing engineering work related to pipeline design in accordance with the relevant design codes and standards including wall thickness calculations, on-bottom stability, thermal design, upheaval buckling, impact assessment, etc
- Performing and check FE design engineering scopes using the relevant software such as Abaqus, CAESAR II, etc
- Preparation of CTRs and proposal for work packages
- Coordinate the work carried out by the Engineers and Graduate Engineers in the team. Oversee and mentor less experienced Engineers on technical matters and software
- Interface with other disciplines, clients and third parties on technical project issues
- Ability to give advice on solving pipeline design issues
- Ability to give advice on pipeline construction and installation
- Ability to be a technical focal point for projects in Discipline Engineering team
- Ability to interface with the customer or an installation contractor and provide the technical know-how to improves the quality of the deliverables and schedule
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- University degree level qualified in relevant engineering discipline
- Extensive experience in pipeline design scopes and calculations using spreadsheets and MathCAD
- Previous experience undertaking the design and analysis of tie-in spools and risers
- Good working knowledge of the relevant International standards and Codes of Practice
- Experience of FEA software packages such as Abaqus, CAESAR II
- Drive and commitment for results to a high standard of excellence
- Committed to working safely and the safety of colleagues
- Open, outgoing and friendly personality able to communicate effectively
- Comfortable working as part of a team or autonomously if required
- Preferably chartered
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.