Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in Dyce this company is delivering a promise to an offshore industry that requires new approaches to ever increasing technical and commercial rigour. They are currently looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team and help the company work to its already high working standards.
Responsible for day-to-day running of the procurement department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with suppliers to obtain quotations leading to creation and placement of purchase orders.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining supplier relationships to ensure effective and efficient delivery.
- To communicate with Suppliers and manage the Approved Vendors List.
- Support technical queries from vendors.
- Manage sub-contractor negotiations and source selection.
- Attend and lead Vendor meetings on and off site where required.
- Ensure sub-contractor paperwork compliance, in particular with QA requirements.
- Measure and report on vendor quality, including trend analysis of vendor non-conformances.
- Monitor the delivery of goods and expedite from vendors ensuring deliveries are upheld and/or improved.
- To liaise with other departments ranging from Design to Workshop and Stores to ensure good communication.
- Ensure that all project ‘Procurement Status Reports’ are updated on a regular basis [bi-weekly]
- Prepare and manage a log of all components ordered for each project.
- Administer all relevant documentation and certification for purchasing.
- To work at all times to the Company’s Quality Management System.
- Provide weekly spend reports to senior management.
- Manage distribution of workload within the procurement department.
- Lead monthly meetings with QA and HSEQ departments to review vendor performances and AVL.
- Previous experience and proven track record working in a similar support role in the Oil & Gas sector [a minimum of 5 years relevant experience]
- Proven experience of working in a fast-moving environment whilst interacting with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have a conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and visitors.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work unsupervised, with a flexible and adaptable approach and an ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills are a must along with excellent demonstrable written and verbal communication skills and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Have a professional approach to tasks with an eye for detail and a persistent demeanour to ensure ongoing issues reach a conclusion.
- Proven to cope under pressure during periods of increased productivity.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and familiarisation of engineering drawings.
- Fully competent in Microsoft 365 software [Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint]
- Previous experience of the following is advantageous, but not critical: – Compilation of quality assurance and HSE data – Familiarity with ERP systems.
All Employees must
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves and consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with the information and training provided to them.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and/or Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorisation and/or training has not been given.
- You may be required to undertake the role of Fire-warden and/or First-aider [training would be provided]
Salary and Benefits
- Salary- £30-38K DOE
- Hybrid working
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service
- Salary Sacrifice
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.