Excited to be working with a client based outside Edinburgh who have recently gone through a period of consistent growth. A long term 12-month temporary contract to cover maternity leave has become available. There is a great deal of flexibility surrounding the role where your preference of fully on-site or hybrid over a 4 or 5 day work week will be honoured.
The client is an award-winning global leader in the offshore wind industry that operate all over the world with over 50 years of experience. With further growth being projected, they are looking to expand their team with a Project Accounting Manager. After speaking with the Finance Director, it was clear that there is a real opportunity for you to make the role your own and make your mark on the business.
The Project Accounting Manager will report directly to the Financial Controller and will manage the finances for a number of projects at one time. Project forecasting, analysis and budgeting will be main aspects of the role along with the ability to liaise with the Operations Teams. The role will involve commercial aspects to engage with the business, collaborate with the engineers and challenge the proposed numbers. This will be a hands-on fast paced role consisting of weekly and monthly planning for each project, which can range from 3 months to 2 years.
There will be heavy involvement in Cost & Revenue reporting with the ability to communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders. As a manager, you will have a direct report and you will be expected to assist with the development of finance systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ICAS etc)
- Understanding of Management Accounts
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge and experience of using Navision Systems
- Previous experience in project accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial and business awareness
- An analytical approach
- Strong attention to detail with an investigative nature
- Excellent organisational and numeracy skills
- Ability to liaise and build effective relationships with all levels of personnel in the company
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
£45k – £55k
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.