Based in Portlethen this company manufacture critical components, high technology systems and precision parts for international oil and gas and energy service groups. They are looking for a Project Buyer to join their team.
The Project Buyer will be responsible for the purchasing of products and/or services, following established Company and Departmental policies and procedures optimising price, quality, delivery and terms, meeting all business needs. This role focuses on sourcing and purchasing a wide range of mechanical components, sub contract parts and/or services, both in complex and off-the-shelf items and/or services.
- Adhering to the end-to-end Procurement and Supply Chain Management process(es) – from receipt of requisitions to placing purchase orders – ensuring the department delivers the best possible price, quality, delivery and terms to internal and external customers.
- Supply Chain focal point for designated projects, defining a purchasing strategy and identifying the most capable suppliers within the Approved Supplier List (ASL) to meet project deadlines.
- Attend project planning meetings, identifying any risks or technical and supply issues, and overseeing the project(s) to completion.
- Monitoring and reporting supplier performance and conducting regular performance review meetings.
- Identifying and participating in cost reduction projects.
- Assisting with the contract review process ensuring subcontracted parts, raw material requirements and services are correctly identified, planned and sourced for sales orders, which may include attending relevant sales and commercial project meetings.
- Action supplier Non-Conformance Report(s) (NCRs) in a timely and orderly manner. This may include appropriate review and disposition, investigation, establishment of root cause/causes and identification and completion of related corrective actions to remove recurrence. Liaison with Quality will be required to ensure best practice is developed and maintained.
- Contribute to managing supplier risk control, which will involve helping establish effective supplier monitoring and on-going risk control with critical suppliers and supporting supplier audits where required.
- Assisting with the effective development and Continuous Improvement of Supply Chain procedures and standards ensuring compliance to relevant international standards and requirements (e.g. ISO 9001:2015, API Q1, OHAS18001 & ISO14001), which will include the effective management of the ERP system and related processes.
- Reviewing and evaluating engineering (ECN’s) and manufacturing change requests to subcontracted parts.
- Contributing to meeting departmental goals and defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Maintaining request(s) for quotation(s) (RFQ) throughput as per the defined KPIs.
- Carrying out Supply Chain duties in accordance with all of the Departmental policies, procedures and practices to meet requirements supporting short and long term business needs.
- Working with the full Supply Chain Department across the Group to promote collaborative purchasing and standard practices.
- Providing support and regularly communicating to Internal & External Customers both formally and informally as required to ensure the highest level of operations are achieved and expectations are understood.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- Degree in Business or similar relevant qualification(s) or extensive experience in similar role.
- Knowledge and experience of business ERP system. Ideally Microsoft AX or D365.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and high level of computer proficiency (word processing, spreadsheets, reporting and presentations)
- Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain procedures, including relevant certificates.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the Supply Chain within a manufacturing environment, including the ability to understand technical drawings, raw material requirements and manufacturing techniques.
- Financial and numeric literacy within a business environment.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualified or working towards the qualification.
- Lean/6-Sigma/Green or Yellow Belt certification.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of commercial acumen.
- High levels of drive and personnel accountability.
- Positive mental attitude.
- Logical thinker with structured problem-solving ability.
- Highly professional conduct.
- Must be willing to travel and able to spend time away from home.
- Salary- £40-45K
- 37 Hours per week
- Monday to Thursday 8-4.30, Friday 8-4
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.