Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Job Purpose Summary
To provide quality engineering support to the Projects division in executing and delivering projects to clients. The Project Design Engineer will assist with the project management of a range of projects and deliver the projects within time and budget. They will be responsible for liaising with clients and ensuring that their needs are met throughout the projects whilst controlling engineering changes from a technical and commercial viewpoint. To mentor and assist with the development of junior engineers as required.
- Co-ordinate and plan HVAC projects for onshore and offshore clients from conceptual design through to close out.
- Carry out HVAC surveys.
- Prepare quotations in response to client enquiries.
- Carry out detailed design, calculations and drawings.
- Ensure high standards are maintained in terms of client liaison, both verbally and by email
- To monitor project budgets on a regular basis and bring any potential overspend to the attention of the project manager as soon as known.
- Create specifications, co-ordinate procurement of materials and ensure delivery to client.
- Where required, travel to installation sites and review/rectify any issues arising between client and company.
- Carry out regular design and project reviews.
- Order materials and equipment
- Analyse and evaluate quotations.
- Control project costs
- Liaise with clients and suppliers.
- Maintain project files and produce document packs.
- Where required, travel to client premises.
- Comply with company’s HSEQ policies and procedures and ensure working practices are safe, always protecting the environment and Company reputation.
- Intervene, where possible, to prevent unsafe acts or conditions including stopping work where necessary. Restarting when it is safe to do so.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses and unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts to line management, or by using the company’s observation card system.
- Ensure all personnel under your direct charge are suitably trained and competent to carry out the prescribed tasks and have read and understood RAMS issued to them, prior to starting work.
- Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, RAMS and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls to line management.
- Visually inspect and check tools, equipment and plant which has been issued to you before use and report any deficiencies to line management.
- Correctly use PPE which you have been issued and inform line management when it is worn or damaged.
- Complete mandatory training as identified on the company’s training matrix.
- On request, actively participate in audits and inspections.
- Actively contribute and work towards HSEQ goals, objectives, targets and initiatives
- Comply with client site safety requirements
- Ensure all waste handled is disposed of in a suitable manner.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Background in a Mechanical/HVAC environment
- Experience in a similar role
- Valid offshore certification
- HVAC engineering qualifications
- Oil & Gas experience
Line Manager– Projects Manager
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.