Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Job Purpose Summary
Providing the Fire & Safety Operations Manager with support in technical queries, design, quoting & estimating, preparation of project work packs, procurement, and customer liaison & mobilisation.
The Project Manager will also assist with design of various scopes including Fire & Gas, portable fire and respiratory equipment and fixed systems.
They would also be required to manage and execute service and project delivery efficiently, safely and within agreed revenue and gross margin targets.
- Liaise and support the Operations Manager regarding opportunities, bids and tenders.
- Seek ways to competitively maximise economic benefit from commercial opportunities.
- Manage Service and Project Teams as required, ensuring that relevant personnel are fully briefed and equipped to complete the work.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing account holders.
- Technical support in presentation of company capability and products.
- Coordinate the logistical availability of Service/project team resource pool – allocating work scopes to appropriate personnel in line with experience, skills, and competence requirements.
- Acting as a client interface with regard to delivering a high level of customer care and a quality service commensurate with our accreditations.
- Compilation and preparation of bids, tenders and support documentation relating to commercial opportunities in the market.
- Securing business growth with sustainable, profitable business aligned with Company growth strategy and performance parameters.
- Assisting with customer interface associated with existing ongoing projects.
- Responding to customer care issues in a pro-active manner.
- Identifying new product and service opportunities, establish when relevant tenders are coming to market.
- Helping senior management set and meet agreed sales, margin and performance targets.
- Working in a productive and efficient manner with regard to planning of visits and associated activity.
- Liaise with Operations Manager with regards to forecasting, budgetary performance and strategic targets.
- Actively participate in the company’s competence and performance management systems.
- Comply with the Company Group’s HSEQ policies and procedures and ensure working practices are safe, always protecting the environment and Company reputation.
- Intervene, where possible, to prevent unsafe acts or conditions including stopping work where necessary. Restarting when it is safe to do so.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses and unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts to line management, or by using the Company Group observation card system.
- Ensure all personnel under your direct charge are suitably trained and competent to carry out the prescribed tasks and have read and understood RAMS issued to them, prior to starting work.
- Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, RAMS and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls to line management.
- Visually inspect and check tools, equipment and plant which has been issued to you before use and report any deficiencies to line management.
- Correctly use PPE which you have been issued and inform line management when it is worn or damaged.
- Complete mandatory training as identified on the company’s training matrix.
- On request, actively participate in audits and inspections.
- Actively contribute and work towards HSEQ goals, objectives, targets and initiatives
- Comply with client site safety requirements
- Ensure all waste handled is disposed of in a suitable manner.
- Good Knowledge of Fire & Safety/ Fire & Gas system design and implementation. Minimum of 5 years’ experience required
- Proven experience of providing service support to clients
- Oil & Gas, Renewables experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Electrical & Mechanical F&G & Suppression Systems
- Computer literate in all Microsoft packages
- Good communication skills in English (written and oral)
- Team player, friendly and outgoing
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
You must have strong communication skills (written and oral) with ability to communicate with customers, technical staff, business users and senior management with clarity. You will have the ability to demonstrate innovation, turning customer requirements into workable solutions. Attention to detail is critical and you will be expected to maintain accuracy whilst working under pressure as you will be operating in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to prioritise own and team’s workload while demonstrating resilience to business requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.