Website Flexible pay rate
Our client based in North Aberdeen is currently looking someone to come in and cover their Proposals and Bids Lead while on Paternity Leave. Market leader in what they do in the energy industry. Potentially for a period of 6-8 weeks as looking to get in for handover period.
Ensuring all department tender and bid activities are in full compliance with the influences processes and associated commercial procedures and requirement at all times. Responsible for the management, preparation, expediting and submission of prequalification and tender and quote documents strictly in accordance with the ITT documents provided. Ensure clear, regular and active communication takes place with the Commercial Director at all times.
- Ensure all bids and proposals in the department are in compliance with company procedures and actively promote compliance to others in the business.
- Provide clear mentoring and training to direct report personnel.
- Allocate and oversee all workload of direct report and report on progress and status, ensure issues are escalated.
- Act as main commercial focal point to receive and process lead information from the Business Development team and log and track opportunities and provide and manage quotation as required.
- Prepare and validate cost budgets for every quotation showing detailed margin and drive to ensure all costs are identified and included and that margin is maximized across the project and ensure recorded sign off by Product Line Manager for all technical documents, budget and margin and the quotation document.
- Organize and implement bid/no bid and initial quote kick off meetings ensuring all relevant parties are consulted.
- Liaise with team colleagues to ensure all terms and conditions are identified at the earliest opportunity and reviewed and qualified in line with business norms prior to proceeding with any scope or bid.
- Prepare tender documents and prequalification information as required.
- Confirm and agree all specific commercial terms are as per standards and escalate any deviations for review and acceptance.
- Mange a live report showing status of all current quotes, bids and tenders being worked on.
- Ensure AX and tracking reports are up to date at all times.
- Provide monthly report on all department activities to the Commercial Director.
- Work closely with all members of the commercial team generally to ensure a team approach to activities.
- Responsibility to prepare the tender action plan, record the tender kick off meeting, and allocate the required items into ITT to relevant parties with a completion date. Regularly monitor/report on completion progress internally escalating any overdue items to Commercial Director and then collate the bid to ensure it complies with the ITT, is well presented and submitted on time.
- Identify requirement for a risk review for applicable tenders – notify Commercial Director as soon as possible. Schedule risk reviews 3 days prior to submission date minimum and ensure documents for review are provided 24 hours before meeting.
- Manage tender information library to ensure all information is up to date and well organized at all times.
- Conduct all activities and manage direct reports to ensure full compliance with the influences procedures, delegation of authority matrix and any other applicable company or departmental processes. Promote compliance to others and actively intervene and highlight/escalate any process deviations.
- Preparation of variation orders for known rate runover and escalation of variations with any scope or other commercial impacts.
- Handover of budget and proposal confirming commercial arrangements agreed to Product Line Project team for execution.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of commercial, tender and quotation processes reviewing client requirements, signoffs and approvals, preparing cost budgets and drafting quotations.
- Demonstrated ability in cost budgeting and/or estimating for project cost, ideally within a design/engineering environment.
- Ability to ensure complete process compliance at all times.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide good regular updates on line management.
- 5 years (or more) experience in preparing quotations and bids.
- HND or Degree qualified (level 2.1 or higher) in relevant business area desirable but not essential.
- Highly numerate.
- Commercial acumen.
- Demonstrable experience in North Sea or other oil and gas commercial role(s).
- Good at working as part of a team.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The pay rate is flexible for the right candidate.
- Paternity cover, including a handover period prior to paternity leave.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.