Are you an experienced Purchasing Assistant looking for a new challenge? One of our clients based in Angus is looking for a Purchasing Assistant to come join their busy team. My client is a dynamic and forward thinking company who are looking for like-minded individuals that will promote growth from within. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation where internal opportunities are readily available.
As the purchasing assistant you will be responsible for ensuring prices are negotiated, outstanding purchase orders are expedited and all assets are coded & booked into my clients procurement software.
The key responsibilities include:
- Raising purchase orders and Sourcing equipment
- Expediting outstanding purchase orders
- Ensure all stock records are maintained
- Liaise with vendors to ensure all equipment are sourced at a negotiated rate
- Booking any equipment and correctly labelling for job identifier
- Ensure all new suppliers and set up correctly and inline with company compliance
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure internal & external audits are completed
- Continuously providing new ways of improving systems to minimise waste, resources, time and money
- Assist with logistics to ensure all products are delivered on time
The key skills / experience / qualifications required:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Mechanically minded preferably
- Office based
- Company pension
- On-site parking
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.