Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in Portlethen this company manufacture critical components, high technology systems and precision parts for international oil and gas and energy service groups. They are looking for a QA Inspector to join their team.
Summary of Role:
The job holder will be responsible and accountable for the control and compliance of products within the QA department in accordance with current manufacturing and Quality assurance procedures, engineering drawings and customer requirements; this includes visual and dimensional inspections of machined items, rental fleet items and supplier service items. This would cover first off inspection, API and licensee standard required inspection and final inspection for all of the company’s product lines.
- Responsible for the visual and dimensional inspection of machined items including:
- First off inspection
- In process inspection
- Final inspection
- NDT inspection
- Drift testing
- Calibration of measuring equipment
- Reviewing all documentation supplied with all items that require a quality inspection.
- Uploading all hardness, non-destructive testing and drift testing results onto Excel spreadsheet.
- Carrying out lifting equipment visual examination and re-certification.
- Raising of non-conformance reports either internal or Sub-con.
- Controlling non-conforming products.
- Carrying out inspection duties across all areas of the manufacturing and supply chain process.
- Liaising with customer third parties’ inspectors as required.
- Participating in HSE initiatives where required.
- Good housekeeping.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Covering for incoming inspection in the case of absence, holidays.
- Participating in Internal/External audits. Including resolution of any associated CAR’s and PIR’s.
- Supporting and direct involvement in the process for the appropriate disposition of all non-Conforming products.
- Co-ordinating with manufacturing and other internal departments to define and resolve product or service quality issues.
- Witness pressure tests to verify that equipment is being tested in accordance with the Quality Plan, Customer Requirements or Work Instruction.
- Creation of all inspection reports as per the Quality Plan, Customer Requirements or Work Instruction.
- Knowledge of manufacturing within Oil & Gas industry including relevant product knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (e.g. WORD)
- Dye penetrant inspection level II
- Magnetic particle inspection level II
- Educated to HNC/HND level in relevant subject area (e.g. engineering)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of commercial acumen.
- Highly professional conduct.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Hardworking, dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated.
- Must be willing to travel and able to spend time away from home.
- £29.5-36.5K DOE
- Monday to Friday
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.