This client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced QC Inspector to join the team in Johnstone, Renfrewshire. The role will require inspection of all machined components predominantly for the oil and gas sector.
The job holder will be responsible and accountable for the control and compliance of products within the QA department in accordance with current manufacturing and Quality assurance procedures, engineering drawings and customer requirements; this includes visual and dimensional inspections of machined items, along with compiling supporting documentation packs.
- Responsible for the visual and dimensional inspection of machined items.
- First off inspection.
- In process inspection.
- Final inspection.
- Compilation of supporting documentation of finished components.
- Calibration of measuring equipment.
- Reviewing all documentation supplied with all items that require a quality inspection.
- Raising of non-conformance reports either internal or Sub-con.
- Controlling non-conforming products.
- Carrying out inspection duties across all areas of the manufacturing and supply chain process.
- Liaising with customer third parties’ inspectors as required.
- Participating in HSE initiatives where required.
- Good housekeeping.
- Goods in.
- Participating in Internal/External audits. Including resolution of any associated CAR’s and PIR’s.
- Supporting and direct involvement in the process for the appropriate disposition of all Non-Conforming products.
- Co-ordinating with manufacturing and other internal departments to define and resolve product or service quality issues.
- Verify that equipment is being tested in accordance with the Quality Plan, Customer Requirements or Work Instruction.
- Creation of all inspection reports(MRB) as per Customer Requirements.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing within Oil & Gas industry including relevant product knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (e.g. word)
- Experience of ISO9001.
- Dye penetrant inspection level II.
- Magnetic particle inspection level II.
- Knowledge and experience of a Quality Management System, ERP system, ideally Proress Plus.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- In depth knowledge of International Quality Codes and Standards.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of commercial acumen.
- Highly professional conduct.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Hardworking, dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated.
Renumeration and Benefits
- Salary £35-45K
- Day Shift- Monday to Friday
- 33 Days full holiday entitlement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.