Website £12.30-£15.50 DOE
Based in Kintore, this company is looking for a QC Inspector to come in on a 6-month contract. This position has a high chance of going from temp to perm.
This is a key role within the Quality Control team, working closely with departmental managers, production staff and suppliers you will take responsibility, as QC Inspector, to ensure quality, aiming to minimise the costs of reworking or waste and maximise customer satisfaction with our products. You will have the opportunity to take control of all activities relating to the final inspection of various products and relevant documentation. Developing the business goes hand in hand with developing our people’s skills, with the support of the Cell Leader, you will be open to career progression and continued self-development in order to reach personal and business goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and report Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of required work scope package(s).
- Control and ensure the accuracy of all project documentation related to API 6A.
- Control and ensure the accuracy of all required component parts.
- Completion of various inspection and quality reports
- Mechanical and inspection report completion to the required standard.
- Ensure the traceability of all parts required and documentation trail are in place.
- Record and document traceable information which will be required to certify the manufacturing process, to the highest standards.
- Documentation: verify that all is present and is correct.
- To interpret API standards and client requirements to ensure the relevant standards are met in relation to the product
- Identify engineering faults and process inputs throughout key stages of component manufacture. From order acknowledgement to final inspection.
- Recommend adjustments to the process
Skills & Experience Required
Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information (Functional/Technical Learning)
Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand (Decision Quality & Problem Solving)
Able to adeptly learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills (Learning on the fly)
Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing)
Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately (Priority Setting)
Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs (Process management)
Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably (Conflict Management)
Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities (Drive for Results)
Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing (Written Communications & Presentation Skills)
Personal and Interpersonal
A strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer Focus)
A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems (Peer relationships)
Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals (Self Development)
Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit (Ethics & Values)
Preferred business exposure or equivalent work experience
Time served CNC machinist
Working knowledge of machined components manufacture and design process
Measurement of finished products and components
Working knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry including disciplines and their duties and responsibilities
Skills, Training or Special Knowledge
Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
Working knowledge of industry standards API 6A standard, ISO, ASME, ANSI, ASTM, NACE, NORSOK, PED (Theoretical and Working Knowledge is a MUST).
Proficient in reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings
Working knowledge of CMM measuring equipment
Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
Participate in training where required.
Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
Health, Safety and Environment
To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
Pay Rates & Shifts
- Pay Rate- £12.30-£15.50
- Duration- 6 Months(High chance of perm)
- Hours- 39
- Shifts- Mon-thurs(7-3.30)Fri(7-2.30)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.