Based in North Aberdeen, this client is looking for a QC Inspector to join the team on a permanent basis. A market leader in their field they are keen to bring in someone that fits with the team. in the supply of
Reporting to the Manufacturing Lead, responsible for maintaining equipment calibration/certification and the inspection of manufactured parts.
- To survey/inspect components, materials and assemblies supplied to or produced by company for compliance with drawings, purchase orders, codes and standards.
- Regularly complete equipment calibration maintenance management.
- To coordinate and maintain inspection records and certification for equipment and tools.
- To ensure quality systems are always promoted and utilized.
- To ensure that the high quality of products is maintained.
- Report all non-conformances and drive quality improvements.
- Participate in audits when required.
- Provide monthly reports of trending data in a timely manner.
- To ensure that non-conforming products are expedited through the decision-making process and closed out.
Competent level of understanding/experience in:
- ISO 9001 quality management.
- Engineering drawings.
- Engineering terminologies.
- Fabrication and assembly.
- Machining processes.
- Material standards and certification.
- Knowledge of composite materials an advantage.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings/specifications etc.
- Ability to use inspection equipment, measurement arm, shadowgraph, gaugemaker thread gauges, micrometers etc.
- Full understanding of various methods of measuring techniques.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- NDT qualifications would be advantageous.
- Ability to work as part of a small focused team working to high standards with client lead times being the delivery driver.
- Flexibility and shift working on occasions required.
- A positive attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage priorities correctly.
- Understanding of environment and health & safety.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.