Website £40-47K +OT availability
Based North of Aberdeen this client is currently looking for a QC Inspector to join their ranks and help keep their standards of quality high.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the main objective of the QA/AC Inspector is to provide QA/QC dimensional inspection of all products manufactured to ensure 100% compliance to the manufacturing drawing. The QA/QC Inspector is responsible for all QA/QC services with specific emphasis on ensuring the timely movement of components through the inspection room to meet Client deadlines. Sustaining working relationships with internal manufacturing to ensure that components are received and shipped to the highest specification to meet Client deadlines.
Delivery of a first-class service is paramount, whilst maintaining the highest quality and the lowest cost. On-time delivery is critical, therefore planning and timekeeping are essential elements in this role.
- Maintain the QA/QC Inspection department to ensure 100% compliance to manufacturing drawings from external customers.
- Undertake 100%-dimensional inspection of finished parts.
- Undertake visual inspection of parts and test product if required.
- Ensure all internal processes followed for inspection workflow tracking.
- Ensure all required inspections are completed, inspection equipment is calibrated and in date, QA/QC systems are maintained, non-conformance reports are raised and recorded as required and assist with maintaining and updating QA/QC work procedures and guidelines.
- Recording and maintaining calibration records.
- Deliver all activities consistent with business expectations, ensuring that safety and quality are priority.
- Ensure that all processes, procedures and documentation are followed.
- Training to be undertaken either internally or externally as Required.
- Liaise with internal manufacturing in relation to NCR’s (NCRs, Incident Reports) and ensure timely close-out of incidents.
- Maintain a high standard of 5S within the Inspection department and be proactive in suggesting and implementing improvements to the department, workflow and day to day functionality.
- Ensure full documentation of work performed and proper flow of information.
- Provide QA/QC to ensure that all manufactured components are supplied to the Client specification / drawings.
- Ensure that products are made to the highest possible quality as per assembly drawings.
- Responsible along with other QA/QC Inspector(s) to manage the ISO9001 process for calibration of equipment.
- The incumbent should be capable of taking instructions and implementing those instructions without supervision, reporting back to the Workshop Manager on the completion of tasks with results and possible recommendations.
- Liaison with manufacturing to ensure daily/weekly work schedules are executed on-time.
- Ensuring that all required resources are available for QC inspection.
- 100% compliance to manufacturing drawings from external customers.
- Required to react quickly to emergencies and one-off requirements without disrupting the QA/QC Function.
- Maintenance and calibration of all QC inspection equipment onsite.
- Ensure that efficient and effective QA/QC Procedures are followed correctly to ensure that products are manufactured at the highest possible quality.
- Maintain a high level of inspection to ensure end product is 100% correct and fully documented.
- Trouble shooting ability and being able to think outside the box to get the job done and ensure on-time delivery is not compromised.
- Establishing a positive and questioning approach to work so as to ensure all activities are properly and safely executed and expected outcomes achieved.
- High level inspection skills using measuring equipment required including CMM and Gaugemaker Mic-track experience advantageous.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Understanding of manufacturing drawings.
- Understanding of CNC Machining operations.
- Able to read material certificates.
- Proven work ethic.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised while clearly executing instructions.
- Self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment.
- High awareness of QHSE requirements.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Salary- £40-47K DOE + lots of OT availability
2 weeks dayshift – Normal Hourly Rate (5 x 8 hour days) – 0800am – 16.30pm
2 weeks nightshift – 1/3rd Normal Salary Rate(4 x 10 hour nights) 18.00pm – 04.30am
Overtime (1.5 times normal salary) readily available and encouraged.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.