Website Salary- DOE
Based in Dyce, this company is best-in-class at what they do and are currently looking for a QHSE Advisor to join their team and work over their 3 local Aberdeen sites.
The QHSE Advisor will be responsible for the quality, health, safety and environmental management systems and compliance functions for the two Aberdeen based sites of the Company. This role will ensure the management of relevant programs to ensure that the business meets its goals, best practice industry standards and remains at all times compliant with legislative requirements.
The QHSE Advisor is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following across the three Aberdeen sites:
- Ensuring compliance with company health, safety & environmental working practices, policies and procedures and statutory regulations.
- Monitoring and supporting the agreed QHSE objectives for the company ensuring that all updates are evaluated and communicated effectively.
- Responsible for the coordination of all QHSE audits (e.g. certification, internal and sub- contractor) and supporting the subsequent close out of any non-conformances arising from these audits.
- Assisting in the evaluation of external service providers.
- Coordinating and supporting HSE Inspection and safety visits.
- Maintaining company inhouse databases and systems and assisting where necessary in the development of new systems.
- Liaising with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies as requested by management.
- Managing, collating and reporting all information on accidents, incidents and near misses and leading these through to closure.
- Maintaining business critical QHSE activities e.g. safe working practices, risk assessments, site standards identifying and mitigating any risks.
- Perform routine fire drill checks.
- Deliver the new starts QHSE Induction and carry out DSE, COSHH and manual handling training where necessary.
- Responsible for identifying and managing First Aiders and Fire Wardens and ensuring equipment such as First Aid kits and Defibrillators are complete and functional, and any first aid areas are stocked at all times.
- Responsible for the issue of PPE including safety glasses.
- Be proactive in supporting a positive QHSE culture.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable high-level organisational and interpersonal skills appropriate to the position
- Qualified in NEBOSH
- COSHH Assessor.
- Internal/ External Auditor Trained.
- Environmental management qualification or demonstrable relevant industry experience.
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001 Occupational health management system and ISO 4001 Environmental Management system.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaboration between employees, managers and business partners.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organisation skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills appropriate to the position.
- Strong understanding of UK regulations and legislation.
- Exposure to preparing and contributing to corporate tender and bid submissions.
- Membership of IOSH or similar relevant industry association/s.
- Degree or Diploma qualification in Occupational Health & Safety or similar field.
- NEBOSH, COSHH Assessor.
- Relevant auditor qualifications and certification.
- Formal qualifications in Training, Assessment & Education or equivalent.
- Current unrestricted drivers licence.
- Right to work checks.
- Salary- DOE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.