This client is one of the largest electrical and mechanical service companies in Scotland, with a renowned reputation for providing excellent service quality and reliability, and an unrivalled level of technical expertise. Currently looking for an experienced QHSE Advisor to join the team. Role to be based in North Aberdeen.
The role will involve assisting the QHSE Manager with all QHSE related matters, and helping to deliver company strategic goals through the support and application of QHSE programs to assist in developing and maintaining the company’s certified ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 systems and processes.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Support the QHSE Manager with the development and maintenance of company QHSE documentation and the QHSE Management System.
- Liaise with Division Managers and internal functions on all aspect of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental activities.
- Support and contribute to department QHSE improvement initiatives.
- Assist/lead investigations related to customer non-conformities, or incidents and accidents.
- Conduct external supplier / sub-contractor audits and internal company audits as required by the company’s audit schedule.
- Conduct internal QHSE Audits across the company’s various sites in Aberdeen.
- Participate in external audits from customers and various accreditation bodies.
- Maintain records on the QHSE Management System.
- Develop and manage provision of all QHSE training to ensure employees understand the QHSE systems in place and their responsibilities in adhering to them.
- Assist with generating, updating, and reviewing company risk assessments, COSHH assessments and PUWER assessments.
- Ensure that data with regards to QHSE performance is effectively captured and analysed to enable improvement plans to be developed.
- Proactively collaborating with operational teams in both workshop and clients’ sites during the project lifecycle to ensure that QHSE is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified and implemented.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of legislation and codes of practice applicable to the company’s business.
- Assist with the coordination of applicable health testing.
- Work to reduce Environmental Impact of the business and improve sustainability
- Hold QHSE committee meetings with employees.
- Assist the QHSE Manager with other duties as required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable high-level organisational and interpersonal skills appropriate to the position.
- Qualified in NEBOSH.
- Internal/External Auditor Trained.
- Environmental management qualification or demonstrable relevant industry experience.
- A good working knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, ISO 45001 Occupational Health Management Systems and ISO 4001 Environmental Management Systems.
- Ability to build collaboration between employees, managers and business partners.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organisation skills.
- Salary- £40K+
- Company Pension
- On-site Parking
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.