Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based near Montrose this company is renowned for its prompt and efficient delivery of reliable and certified equipment with the assurance of the highest quality and service. They are currently looking for a QHSE Supervisor to join the team.
Provide a service of support to internal customers (operations managers, operations and workshop supervisors), so that the Quality and H.S.E. requirements of external customers can be achieved. This position shall, but not be limited to aiding the implementation of the company Quality improvement policy.
Roles and Responsibilities
Management of Information:
- Review and interpretation of customer and legislative requirements.
- Review and preparation of Quality Plans, as well as additional supporting documents.
- Provide Quality related technical support for projects.
- Quality Auditing: External and Internal.
- Assist in activity related to qualification and approval of vendors.
- Co-ordinate and provide guidance to QA / QC, 3rd party inspection agents.
- Ensure requirements of Independent Verification Bodies are met for any Safety Critical Elements.
- Promotion of commitment to continual improvement of Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Assurance
Management and Development of Team:
- Ensure that the team carry out their duties accurately and in a timely manner and that the team has a sound and current knowledge of company procedures.
- Harness a working environment which encourages teamwork, energy and creativity
- Demonstrate a full understanding of team’s roles to be able to deal with any obstacles to avoid any detriment to internal or external customers.
- Provide structured feedback to teams at appropriate times.
- Maintain awareness of current capabilities and performance of team.
- Keep up to date with Health & Safety procedures to maintain the security and safety of team.
Health and Safety Management:
- Conduct safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensure regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
- Advise on safety aspects in the use of plant, equipment and systems of work.
- Where necessary, investigate the causes of accidents, the circumstances leading to them and compile the necessary reports, providing corrective advice to prevent recurrence.
- Assist in the preparation and issue method statements for projects and ensure that they are applied and adhered to.
- Liaise with external health and safety consultant to interpret and advise on the implementation of health & safety legislation, and in particular, the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
Knowledge and Skills
- QHSE experience within workshop and offshore environments is desirable.
- An internal auditor qualification is desirable.
- Conversant with the requirements for implementation of Quality systems in accordance with recognised standards e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001.
- A detailed working knowledge and experience applicable to industry standards, statutory legislation, and company standards.
- Computer literate and conversant with software necessary for the performance of specific functions e.g., spread sheets, data base, word processing.
- Committed to the concept of Quality Improvement within the company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.