Website £16.50/hour-£33,462 +OT
Based in Bridge of Don this client is a global leader in Subsea solutions. They are currently looking for an experienced Quality Control Inspector to join their team.
The successful candidate will work within the company’s existing team of Quality Control Inspectors to verify first off, in-process and final product acceptance as well as assisting third-party inspectors with customer required external inspections and the creation of documentation packages.
- Visual and dimensional inspection against drawings / test procedures.
- Reading internal and third-party drawings.
- Hydrostatic pressure testing of internal and third-party connectors, connector assemblies and cables.
- Air / gas pressure testing of internal and third-party connectors.
- Hydraulic pressure testing of inserts and connectors.
- Electrical and fibre optics testing of connectors, connector assemblies and cables.
- First off, in-process and FAT testing. This will include but not be limited to terminations, insulation resistance, operational tests and voltage checks.
- Goods inward inspection of customer owned / issued products.
- Fault finding and reporting deficient work that does not comply with contract specifications, company IMS, drawings and technical standards.
- Liaise with Production, Engineering, third-party inspection bodies, project management and customer representatives.
- Creating documentation packages to both internal and customer specific requirements.
- Interpreting and analysing test results.
- Ensuring all measuring equipment is kept safe, maintained, clean and within calibration.
- Conducting daily surveillances of to ensure compliance to contract requirements.
- Raising non-conformance reports.
- Ensuring that all quality procedures have been followed and applied prior to dispatch of product.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of electrical and /or optical testing. Multi-meter, insulation resistance, high voltage AC/DC, optical insertion loss & OTDR.
- Previous experience of pressure testing. Air/ gas, hydrostatic and hydraulic testing.
- Previous experience of manufactured product visual and dimensional inspection.
- Good communication skills and effective team player.
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft office.
- Previous experience of internal / external calibration of test equipment.
- Previous experience of working with third-party inspectors / customers.
- Experienced in creating documentation packages consisting of test results, material documentation and certificates of conformity.
- Salary- £16.50/hour (£33,462 per annum)
- 39 Hour week
- Overtime rate 1.5x and 2.0x on Sundays
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.