Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in North Aberdeenshire, this company is a specialist in their field and deal with customers in multiple markets with a global reach. They are currently looking for a Quality Control Inspector to assist in all inspection activities.
Summary of role
Reporting to the Quality Team Lead, the QC Inspector will be responsible for all inspection activities on Isolation, Control, Choke & Relief valves and associated parts in accordance with our customer requirements, company procedures and ISO 9001:2015. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with previous experience in a QC role within a fast-paced workshop environment.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with company policies, procedures, standards and work instructions.
- Inspection of valves, actuators and associated parts against all business and client requirements.
- Ensuring product is correct and fit for purpose as well as recording traceability of the product and metallic parts.
- Review product certification in-line with Industry standards and other business/Client specific requirements. Certification types include; 3.1 material certification, Pressure and Non-Destructive test repots, type test certificates.
- Communicate with the relevant Department when issues are identified with a product to determine a suitable resolution.
- Effectively control certification under review to ensure the final approved certification is uploaded against the Stock records.
- Quarantine non-conforming product and raise Supplier Non-Conformances within the Quality system.
- Issue trace numbers to raw materials and associated material certification.
- Final inspection of product against client requirements and industry standards to ensure product is correct and all required work scopes have been completed.
- Identify Customer specific requirements, (customer and industry standards)
- Issue and review of product test parameters for valves in line with client requirements and Industry standards, such as; API 6D, API 6A, API 527, etc.
- Verification of product test details from information received from the client and using knowledge of industry standards and manufacturer specific details.
- Compile test certificates / engineering reports and review product certification in-line with Industry standards and other Business/ Client specific requirements.
- Ensure traceability of parts fitted during repair and modification of new and client owned product.
- Liaise with Production / Sales to prioritise work and ensure all client requirements are met.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical qualification is desirable but not essential as experience will be taken into consideration and on the job training and mentoring will be provided.
- Demonstrable previous experience working in a QA/QC role.
- Knowledge of industry standard documentation (3.1 material certification) is preferred.
- An understanding of ISO 9001:2015 would be desirable.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work well as a team member and to take own initiative when liaising with other departments within the business.
- Requires ability to interpret work processes and job histories and make informed judgements.
- Must be able to work on your own following training.
- Have excellent IT skills (primarily Microsoft Office Packages)
- Commitment to continual improvement and a flexible approach to change.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and committed to delivering HSE excellence.
- Salary £27K+ DOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.