Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in Dyce, this company is highly ambitious and provide a highly specialised service to their clients. They are currently looking for a Quality Control Manager to join the team.
To carry out in process and final QC inspection of fabricated products (piping & structural) in accordance with client requirements, approved welding procedure specifications and relevant codes and standards. Responsible for supporting ISO9001:2015, including monitoring and reporting activities in accordance with the standards.
Ensure key organizations fabrication quality process procedures are followed:
- Goods Receipt
- Fabrication & Inspection (fabrication steps)
- Welding Consumable Controls
- Communication Process
- Manage and ensure Piping and Structural QC duties are being performed.
- Ensure compliance with the fabrication workflow procedures ensuring that relevant hold and witness points are observed as per ITP.
- Identify Qualified Welders for scope (supported by Welding Engineer TA)
- Review and sign off job cards to issue to workshop.
- Provide technical support to the Operations Manager with scope execution.
- Ensure ‘in progress’ quality checks / audits are performed.
- Ensure all welds are visibility checked.
- Track all welder repairs.
- Track all pipefitter and Plater reworks.
- Advise Operations Manager / Supervisor of non-conformances in production.
- Complete non-conformance reports based on any internal/supplier issues identified.
- Complete duties for final pre-delivery inspection report for each project within the Job Card.
Third (3rd) Party Inspection duties
- Ensure and control the compilation of the fabrication dossier packs for 3rd party inspector.
- Interface with Inspectors for release of fabrication scopes
- May be requested at times to perform other tasks and work additional hours in abnormal situations to ensure customer order request dates are achieved.
- Ensure regular toolbox box talks are held with workshop personnel & co-ordination team.
- Promote the HSE culture and good housekeeping throughout the workshop.
- Control Weld Procedure Library and support team with selection of procedures
Manage team to:
- Establish overtime availability.
- Review and sign off ‘checked’ of timesheets prior to handover to Operations Manager.
- Return to work (post absence) are completed.
- Monitor / Record personnel performance.
- Review all holiday requests and agree approval with Operations Manager
- Ensure new induction forms are completed.
- Ensure are registered on time clock machine.
- Participate in all training provided by the company.
QA Support Activities
- Internal quality audits of key fabrication operation quality procedure.
- Closeout Improvement & NCR Register actions.
- Input to tenders/Vendor Approval Forms
- Client and 3rd party certification audits.
- Qualification of new suppliers in compliance with approval process.
- Closure of NCR/Complaints register.
- Support for AVL/tender compilation documents.
- Root cause of quality issues, identify key lessons and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
Salary £45-55K DOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.