Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in Dundee this company is a leading developer of equipment for the world Oil & Gas market. They are currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join their ranks and bring a high level of knowledge to the role.
Key member of the QA team ensuring the updating & maintenance of the NCR management system. Assisting with the development, evaluation and continual improvement of companies Quality Management System to ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015 as well as statutory, regulatory and product standard requirements, including the future adoption of API Q1.
- Managing the non-conformance systems to ensure resolution of the issues. Performing initial review of NCR to ensure the supplied information is correct and includes all relevant data to determine the most effective methods of resolution of component, process and product problems.
- Maintenance of NCR reports and registers to ensure that information about all quality problems is current.
- Arrange and chair weekly NCR meetings.
- Ensure that clear direction and information is provided via NCR correction activities to allow non-conformance to be resolved.
- Liaise with other departments to obtain resolution, encourage others to participate in the resolution of non-conformances and close out non-conformances by verification of disposition, root cause and corrective actions.
- Using the NCR reports and registers, identify quality trends, provide statistical information as part of a presentation to the management team during the Management Review.
- Provide a quarterly statistics report for all departments explaining non-conformances raised and highlighting variations from the previous quarter.
- Create and maintain Work Instructions owned by the Quality Assurance Department.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures owned by the Quality Assurance Department.
- To assist in the daily review/release of raw material certification.
- Provide accurate and clear reports to customers describing non-conformances that cannot be accepted internally after Engineering, Production, or Sales review.
- Compile accurate and clear reports where improvements are required to products or processes within the company.
- Be actively involved in both continuous process improvement and management of change but obtain approval from your supervisor or manager before formulating new or revised methods into standard inspection tools for publishing via QA into departmental systems and procedures.
- With the approval of your supervisor or manager, provide training of quality personnel in the correct application of all relevant quality standards, methods and procedures within your field of competence.
- Provide quality support to all other departments within your field of competence.
- Provide assistance by participation in the Audit Management System (Internal, Customer, Supplier & Third Party) when required.
- Work within the departmental systems in accordance with company procedures, ISO9001 quality requirements and legislative demands.
- Provide immediate feedback to your supervisor or manager on any resource, training, personal or academic limitations that would prevent you achieving your targets and responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in activities out with the quality department that are identified by your supervisor or manager as being necessary to enable you to fulfil your responsibilities to the company. This can include meetings, training activities, presentations, site visits and audits.
- In conjunction with your supervisor or manager, monitor your performance to committed goals, to enable effective system review and process change to drive through continuous efficiency improvement.
- Where required, a reasonable level of overtime hours should be worked to prevent slippage to committed goals.
- Ensure you are aware of the responsibilities both legally and ethically your decisions have on those impacted upon by your work and sign off of other’s work.
- Ensure you conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Follow your certifying body’s professional code of conduct and operate in accordance with the terms of your employment as laid down in the company handbook.
- Extensive experience with ISO 9001 quality management systems and ISO 9000 terminology within a design and manufacturing environment, including managing non-conformity, process audit, metrology, calibration techniques, non-destructive testing and report writing.
- Sound knowledge and experience in using and developing software tools to ensure companywide compliance with the Quality Policy.
- Hands on product and inspection experience of valves or pressure equipment.
- API Q1 knowledge (beneficial)
- HNC/HND qualified Quality Practitioner or Professional
- Time served Engineer.
Renumeration and Shifts:
- Salary £32-35K DOE
Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm & Friday 8am-1pm
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.